At Martin Davies' request, I am starting a new topic.
I am trying to get BuddyPress to display in an acceptable manner while using PageLines
From James B
at the moment as we stand both the template pack and the integration plugin are required to make it work correctly.
This is likely the "template pack"
Had to google to find "the integration plugin," and here's the best I could find:
and found this in the store:
maybe that is what is meant by "the integration plugin?"
And this is as far as I got:
ok here are some tries using the recommended plugins.
your suggestions are welcome...
is it: just forget about it and use twenty twelve?
really should i even bother to try to get PL and BuddyPress to play friendly with one another?
So, the situation is that with twenty twelve, the BuddyPress features appear styled usably. There are no "funky styles" floating around - on the "Activity" page the text submission field looks good -- the submit buttons work and are in reasonable places -- everything appears to work "just fine."
Once PL is active -- all that changes. Basically -- the BuddyPress features become unusable. To fix, I guess one could switch back and forth between twenty twelve and PL to figure out what happened.
- Maybe there is a way to just use the Twenty Twelve styles for the BuddyPress functionality within Pagelines?
- Can I just go and copy a stylesheet and paste it somewhere?
- Or maybe even just point the BuddyPress styles to the "twenty twelve" stylesheet (or whatever resulting stylesheet BuddyPress uses when one has the Twenty Twelve theme active?)
Basically -- yes, i would love to use PageLines on this BuddyPress site -- but i also don't want to invest significant hours making it possible (either by needing to hire or do the work myself).
- Do we need to just "forget about" using PL and BP?
- What's the "easiest solution?"
dainis w michel