Photo
- - - - -

Text bleeding out of boxes into sidepanels !

boxes text bleed

Best Answer Danny , 16 May 2013 - 06:22 AM

OK, this issue is related to the HTML code you have used for your line separator.

<h3 style="text-align: justify;"><span style="color: #003366;">______________________________________________________________________________________________________</span></h3>

Remove this code which appears twice or thrice and it should resolve your issue. If you wish to have a separator, I recommend you use either <hr /> see W3schools for more information or use CSS.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 pagelineswebdesign_kz

pagelineswebdesign_kz

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Framework Version:2.3.8

Posted 16 May 2013 - 12:17 AM

Help!

I am trying to launch my website today, but can't seem to work out why in the final look through my colleague sees the text and divider lines in my website as bleeding into the blue side panels of my website (which I don't see, perhaps because I have a mac and she has a PC).  It doesn't do it on all pages, just some.  I have tried making sure that there are </p> codes at the end of every line of text, since I thought that would help (I am really new to code), but it doesn't seem to.

I need help!

I will make one page go live so you can see the problem: 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Thanks. Kathy

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17653 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:21 AM

Hi Kathy,

Can you please disable all non-PageLines plugins, as when I goto view your website, all pages give me a 404.

#3 pagelineswebdesign_kz

pagelineswebdesign_kz

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:27 AM

Hi. I took it offline again since noone was responding.  Back on now.  WOuld be great to get some feedback!!!!  THANKS!!!

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17653 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:41 AM

I am not seeing any issue with the text bleeding into your background. If you or your friend is encountering this issue, make sure they're using an update browser. Also, may I ask why you have chosen to use the Boxes section for this pages content.

The style of text you have now, you may as well just type your content using the Wordpress editor.

#5 pagelineswebdesign_kz

pagelineswebdesign_kz

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 06:11 AM

I am not seeing any issue with the text bleeding into your background. If you or your friend is encountering this issue, make sure they're using an update browser. Also, may I ask why you have chosen to use the Boxes section for this pages content.

The style of text you have now, you may as well just type your content using the Wordpress editor.

HI. The reason in use boxes is because we have a lot of content text that needs moving around (and I had never done this before so found the boxes the most userfriendly initially).  So the problem is when you make the page view narrower, i.e. drag the edge of the page so it only takes up half the screen, in some paragraphs it goes over into the blue and in others it doesn't at all.

The problem is esy to compare on the page that I put the link up for, since there are two paragraphs - one that is fine, and one that bleeds.  If you narrow your screen can you see the problem?

#6 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17653 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 16 May 2013 - 06:22 AM   Best Answer

OK, this issue is related to the HTML code you have used for your line separator.

Remove this code which appears twice or thrice and it should resolve your issue. If you wish to have a separator, I recommend you use either <hr /> see W3schools for more information or use CSS.

#7 pagelineswebdesign_kz

pagelineswebdesign_kz

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 06:34 AM

Thanks for that tip.  So, do you mean that I should take the whole line out?  Because in other sections of the site that line doesn't cause issues.  And if it is the line, does that mean it is affecting the paragraphs on either side too???   Or is it the "text-align: justify;" code that is the problem since I use that quite a lot.......

#8 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17653 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 16 May 2013 - 06:46 AM

The code I have provided above, which you have on that page is causing the issue, when I remove it and adjust the width of my browsers window, the text no longer overlaps the content area.

You need to replace this code with either <hr /> or use custom CSS to create a dashed border.

#9 pagelineswebdesign_kz

pagelineswebdesign_kz

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 07:18 AM

The code I have provided above, which you have on that page is causing the issue, when I remove it and adjust the width of my browsers window, the text no longer overlaps the content area.

You need to replace this code with either <hr /> or use custom CSS to create a dashed border.

Great!!  That code works really well <hr /> thank you!!!

#10 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17653 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 16 May 2013 - 07:22 AM

No problem, happy to hear your issue has been resolved.

#11 pagelineswebdesign_kz

pagelineswebdesign_kz

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 07:29 AM

Great!!  That code works really well <hr /> thank you!!!

Thank  you problem solved. Awesome thank you for your patience!!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: boxes, text bleed