Photo
- - - - -

High accessibility theme user option

theme switch option accessible

Best Answer catpage , 13 May 2013 - 04:04 PM

Thanks Danny

I tried the code you suggested (installed as plugin and with paths / templates suitably modified) but still no joy. 

What is working for me is a plugin at http://wordpress.org...tch-blog-theme/

This is not totally ideal as it takes a cue from the path to swap themes ( e.g. mysite.com/newtheme/pages - all pages under newtheme will be a different theme) rather than giving users the change to select a simple theme for pages on existing paths anywhere on the site, but as it plays nice I guess it will do!

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 catpage

catpage

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:20 PM

I have been looking at some front end theme switching plugins in the hope of finding something would enable users to select an alternative theme for their own session on a site, without their being logged in and without changing what other users see. So far I have not found anything that works properly with Pagelines.

Perhaps there is another way of achieving this in Pagelines itself? I guess I could build a load of 'parallel' pages and change lots of template settings on them to make them more 'accessibie', but this would involve maintaining two sets of content.

What I am looking for is a way of swapping from a view of a site with only text and hyperlinks in text  (no fancy page layout) to a 'normal' view (menus / sidebars / graphics etc).

Any pointers?

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 13234 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:27 PM

Hi,

You can try this following the instructions on this article here -

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I haven't had time to test to it myself and see if it works, but its worth a shot.

Another alternative would be to use Wordpress Multisite option, creating multiple sites using different themes.

#3 catpage

catpage

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:04 PM   Best Answer

Thanks Danny

I tried the code you suggested (installed as plugin and with paths / templates suitably modified) but still no joy. 

What is working for me is a plugin at

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

This is not totally ideal as it takes a cue from the path to swap themes ( e.g. mysite.com/newtheme/pages - all pages under newtheme will be a different theme) rather than giving users the change to select a simple theme for pages on existing paths anywhere on the site, but as it plays nice I guess it will do!

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:23 PM

Thanks so much for letting us know about this interesting and novel option!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: theme, switch, option, accessible