Photo
WooCommerce for PageLines

class WP_Error could not be converted to string in

Best Answer ellenmva , 13 May 2013 - 05:31 PM

Hi Denis,

I checked a few things out but then I deactivated the WooCommerce for Pagelines plugin and activated the TwentyTwelve theme and the error is still there.  So it's not Pagelines causing the error.  It must be a plugin confilct or something weird with WPML and WooCommerce. 

To find out if it is a plugin conflict, disable all plugins except WooCommerce. If the error is gone then start to reactivate plugins to find out which plugin.

If the error is still there after you disable all the plugins, change the theme to TwentyTwelve and see if still there. If it is, then let WooCommerce support know, they may need to take a look at your site. Let them know that you are using WPML, that may help them troubleshoot.

Hope that you are able to get an answer.

Ellen

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Denis Ciumbargi

Denis Ciumbargi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 66 posts
  • Framework Version:DMS Pro

Posted 12 May 2013 - 07:58 PM

Hi, i am posting this here as asked by Ellen.

Here is the problem i am having with breadcrumbs in this plugin  I get a fatal error on products page when is activated. I deactivated the WC Breadcrumbs my sections and product page can be open again. Otherwise the product page is not loaded and delivers an error saying something like 

Catchable fatal error: Object of class WP_Error could not be converted to string in .../wp-content/plugins/woocommerce/templates/shop/breadcrumb.php on line 120

I have reactivated now the WC Breadcrumbs section so that the team can see it in "action".

Here is the link for a test  product.

http://sansapentrusa...nsapentrusansa/

#2 ellenmva

ellenmva

Advocate

• Members

• 290 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:26 PM

Hi Denis,

Thanks for posting the link to the page. It doesn't look like it is an issue with the WooCommerce for Pagelines plugin because all that is doing is using the woocommerce_breadcrumb() function.

It looks like it is a WooCommerce problem, maybe related to the special characters though I can't be sure.  Sorry to send you to another forum, but I wanted to see if there was something I could do but best to post in the WooCommerce Community Forum and post the error there.

Let me know what the response is, just curious if it is the special characters.

#3 Denis Ciumbargi

Denis Ciumbargi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 10:42 PM

@ellenmva had the post there 24 hours before putting it on your plugins page.

Their answer goes like this

"Some code related to breadcrumbs in your site is loading too soon, or without the proper variables available - or at least that's my best guess at the moment. An easy way to determine if it's a plugin or theme issue is to switch to TwentyEleven or TwentyTwelve and see if the problem goes away."

The thing is that it works if the WC breadcrumbs section is disabled... I can offer you access as a admin user if you need to have a look around. must be something i done maybe and by this i mean might not be compatible with other plugins or residuals from other plugins?

#4 ellenmva

ellenmva

Advocate

• Members

• 290 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 03:07 PM

Hmm, changing themes won't help since it has to do with Pagelines. Set up an admin account for me and email the username and password to ellen@elsue.com.

Thanks.

Ellen

#5 Denis Ciumbargi

Denis Ciumbargi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:28 PM

Sent. Might wanna check spam folder also just in case.

Thank you for the support.

#6 ellenmva

ellenmva

Advocate

• Members

• 290 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:31 PM   Best Answer

Hi Denis,

I checked a few things out but then I deactivated the WooCommerce for Pagelines plugin and activated the TwentyTwelve theme and the error is still there.  So it's not Pagelines causing the error.  It must be a plugin confilct or something weird with WPML and WooCommerce. 

To find out if it is a plugin conflict, disable all plugins except WooCommerce. If the error is gone then start to reactivate plugins to find out which plugin.

If the error is still there after you disable all the plugins, change the theme to TwentyTwelve and see if still there. If it is, then let WooCommerce support know, they may need to take a look at your site. Let them know that you are using WPML, that may help them troubleshoot.

Hope that you are able to get an answer.

Ellen

#7 Denis Ciumbargi

Denis Ciumbargi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:18 PM

@ellenmva Ok, thank you so much Ellen.

Sorry i disturbed you. The only thing that mae me think is to do with the WC for Pagelines is that if i disable it everything works. Check my site again and see that if disabled the pages are ok...

I will Speak with WPML and WooCommerce for more.... Thank you again.

#8 ellenmva

ellenmva

Advocate

• Members

• 290 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 10:11 PM

Hi Denis,

But if you disable to WC for Pagelines and then change the default theme to TwentyTwelve the error is still there. My plugin isn't causing it then because it isn't activated and neither is Pagelines. That's why WooCommerce said to change the theme back to TwentyTwelve to rule out Pagelines and WC for Pagelines doesn't work without Pagelines.

The best way to troubleshoot an error is to change the theme to TwentyTwelve, see if error is still there, if so disable all plugins except the one that is throwing the error, in this case WooCommerce and then reactivate each one and check till you find the one that produces the error.

Ellen

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

#9 Jenny

Jenny

Advocate

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2924 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 16 May 2013 - 02:39 PM

Please let us know if you still need assistance, otherwise I will close this topic in 7 days. Thanks!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: WooCommerce for PageLines