Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Can't get front page image to load

Best Answer Danny , 12 May 2013 - 11:31 AM

You have PageLines Framework installed correctly, I think Rob was slightly confused by your compiled CSS being in the uploads folder, which is also correct. There is no need to install PageLines again, as it is installed correctly.

I think your issue is that you have either remove the Content section from Page Templates, PostLoop section from Content Area or have removed both of them.

Therefore, follow these instructions and see if any of the sections are missing, add them back to your template.

1. Goto PageLines > Drag & Drop

2. Click on Page Template, select the template you're using for your homepage and make sure that the Content Section is active.

3. Now click on Content Area, select the same template as above and make sure that the PostLoop section is active.

4. Once both sections are active, the image you added to the content editor should now display correctly.

Both the Content Area and PostLoop sections need to be active on your templates for the content added to the page/post editor to be displayed.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 jenkblom

jenkblom

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 09:00 PM

Hello, 

I'm using Pagelines, have loaded the image in the "content" of the first default template, and published. All the other changes show up on the homepage (www.berlinchildrensbookfestival.com) but the image simply refuses to show. 

What am I doing wrong? I used Pagelines for my other website and have compared everything - I don't think I've missed anything - but it doesn't show.

Please help?

jkb

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 11 May 2013 - 09:19 PM

Hi,

It would appear you have installed PageLines incorrectly, being placed in the wrong location.  I found you have PageLines installed in wp-content/uploads/pagelines/.  PageLines should not be installed in the uploads folder. I'd recommend using an FTP client to remove it from wp-content/uploads (the entire pagelines folder).

Please go to www.pagelines.com/launchpad and login.  Go to your account.  Download the latest version of PageLines and unzip it to your desktop. You'll have a new folder there pagelines.

Now, FTP into wp-content/themes and upload the pagelines folder to that location.  When completed, close your FTP client.

Login to your WordPress Dashboard and scroll down to Settings > Permalinks.  Do not change anything.  Just save the settings.

You should then go to browse your site and see if the images are present.

If not, please let us know.

#3 brightonkeller

brightonkeller

• Members

• 159 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 11 May 2013 - 10:03 PM

i know what the problem is!!!!

for some reason this code is screwing up all the images within content. I know it's supposed to be an IE hack, but it's obviously not working correctly. I have no idea WHY this css is just now causing an issue though. but just fix it in your custom css asap! (and remove the \9 hack!)

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16358 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:57 AM

Hi,

Can you tell me where this image is supposed be please, as I have reviewed your page source code and I am unable to see any img HTML. Can you also tell me how you have added this image to your site please.

#5 jenkblom

jenkblom

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 11:24 AM

Hi Danny, THe image should be on the Welcome page. Right in the middle. I added the image by going into the content area, clicking add media and adding it the normal way. For the record, I also added the images on Sponsors the exact same way and they show. 

Hi Rob, I checked my version and I do indeed have 2.4.1. I'm a little unsure of how I do a FTP upload, altho I have the newest pagelines folder sitting on my desktop. 

brightonkeller, I can try that! 

#6 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16358 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 12 May 2013 - 11:31 AM   Best Answer

You have PageLines Framework installed correctly, I think Rob was slightly confused by your compiled CSS being in the uploads folder, which is also correct. There is no need to install PageLines again, as it is installed correctly.

I think your issue is that you have either remove the Content section from Page Templates, PostLoop section from Content Area or have removed both of them.

Therefore, follow these instructions and see if any of the sections are missing, add them back to your template.

1. Goto PageLines > Drag & Drop

2. Click on Page Template, select the template you're using for your homepage and make sure that the Content Section is active.

3. Now click on Content Area, select the same template as above and make sure that the PostLoop section is active.

4. Once both sections are active, the image you added to the content editor should now display correctly.

Both the Content Area and PostLoop sections need to be active on your templates for the content added to the page/post editor to be displayed.

#7 jenkblom

jenkblom

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 11:39 AM

Danny, you fixed it!!! SO MANY THANKS!

I did not knw that about the PostLoop. I didn't have that option for my other website.

SO many thanks!

#8 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16358 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 12 May 2013 - 11:40 AM

No problem, happy to help!