Photo
- - - - -

Full width page with unique background

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 lorenpenner

lorenpenner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 01:21 AM

I want a unique background image within the main content section using the full-width template page. What is the easiest way to replace the post-bg.png image based upon a certain page? Does that make sense? I'm using iBlogPro. The website address is

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I want the Videos and Music page to have unique background within the full-width content area.

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 02:35 AM

Hi, There might be a way if you create one custom template for the Music page and another custom template for the Videos page. T explain briefly: each template can be based on the default page template that is being used now and the styling that goes with each template can be tweaked to make the background image unique for each page. Do you have the unique background images for the Music and Videos pages already?

#3 lorenpenner

lorenpenner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 04:24 AM

Here is a link to the video section background image:

A few of questions: 1) Which template files am I tweaking? 2) Which part of the CSS file is tweaked? 3) How do I get the new Template file to show up in the dropdown list of template choices when creating the page? Your help appreciated.

#4 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 05:23 AM

1) You will actually be making 2 copies (one for Music and one for Videos) of the template file called _posts.php. It's very important that you keep the the original _posts.php file untouched, so that's why you are making the 2 copies.
2) You add the necessary CSS styling in the Custom Code section of the Theme Options after the 2 templates are created and tweaked. No other CSS has to be changed.
3) To get the new template files to show up, you don't need to do anything. They show up conveniently and automatically in the drop-down list after you make the 2 copies of the templates (and of course, you would need to refresh the Page editor page in order to see this happen).

#5 lorenpenner

lorenpenner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 06:54 AM

I think I have #1 and #2 figured out.

Regarding #3 ...
3) To get the new template files to show up, you don't need to do anything. They show up conveniently and automatically in the drop-down list after you make the 2 copies of the templates (and of course, you would need to refresh the Page editor page in order to see this happen).

I was referring to the fact that it (the modified template) does not seem to show up in the Template dropdown in the Page Attribute section of Edit Page. Isn't that how I would assign the correct template (with the modified content area background) for the Video page?

#6 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 06:54 PM

You do not need to modify page templates. Each and every page in WOrdPress is assigned a unique page id which you can use along with CSS to change the background on every page if you wanted to. If you view the source you'll see the id attached to the body for example the videos page will be ` .page-id-388 .postwrap { background:URL('

') no-repeat; } `

#7 lorenpenner

lorenpenner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 07:23 AM

Thank you. That was just what I needed. Here is how two of the pages have turned out so far: