Photo
- - - - -

WHP sidebar positioning problem in Firefox

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 ttrusty

ttrusty

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 03:34 PM

In the process of building a site using Whitehouse Pro the sidebar has moved from the right side of the page to below the main content. This appears on all pages but only in Firefox (3.6.9 & 10). Safari, Chrome & Opera all display properly. I'm on a Mac so I'm not sure about Explorer. I have retraced me steps and found no problems with recent additions to the site. I assume it a float or width related problem, but don't understand why just in FF. Any ideas on a fix that will not break the display in other browsers? I'm using the Maintenace Mode plugin to prevent the site from being viewed while it's being built but can give you access if necessary. Thanks, Tom

#2 ttrusty

ttrusty

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 04:24 PM

UPDATE: I was able to fix the display by increasing the width of the .content class by 1px, but now have a 1 pixel white rule showing on the right side of the sidebar.

#3 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 06:25 PM

Can you please send me a link to your website so I can take a look?

#4 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 06:10 PM

You may have accidentally zoomed out while in the FireFox browser. When zooming with Firefox the 1px border doesn't zoom with the rest of the content and thus breaks when zooming out. I'm guess that's why the 1px change made a difference.

#5 ttrusty

ttrusty

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 03:24 PM

Sorry for the delayed response. Slightly embarrassed to say, yes Adam, that is exactly what I did. The blurred icons on the WP dashboard should have been a clue. Thanks. And thanks to you too Catrina.