#1 kneops

kneops

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 95 posts
  • LocationNetherlands
  • Framework Version:2.4.1

Posted 09 May 2013 - 12:20 PM

Perhaps I'm too fast with this, only playing around with PL for not more than two weeks... but it would be great if I could create more than just one category template and choose which template to use for which category in the WP categories section.

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:47 PM

Hi there

As far as I am aware this isn't possible at the moment due to the way categories are set up in wordpress. If there is a way around it then our developer would definitely look into it.

However, there are a couple of work arounds, one would be to use a third party section like Annyloop http://www.pagelines...ctions/anyloop/ which could be put into a custom template. Or by using a css solution, each category page will have an ID generated, css could be used to hide/display options on the template via the category ID.

#3 kneops

kneops

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 95 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 10 May 2013 - 08:13 AM

Perhaps I don't understand how it works, but usually I'm able to create different category templates, like in this screenshot: http://ompldr.org/vaWQyMQ

Just creating a category-ID.php and I have a new template.

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17580 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 10 May 2013 - 09:24 AM

With PageLines Framework being a drag and drop framework and with that, is different to how standard themes are built. So creating a .php document like above will not work. I will speak to our developers and see if there is anything that can be done, but with them being busy so this may take some time.

#5 kneops

kneops

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 95 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 10 May 2013 - 09:36 AM

Ok. I'm curious as to what the developers are working on then ;).

Does Pagelines have a roadmap that users can follow?

#6 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17580 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 10 May 2013 - 09:54 AM

Unfortunately, we do not have a roadmap, but you can use the tracker to see what bugs and possible features will be implemented.