Photo
Decker

Documentation for Decker?

Best Answer beardedavenger , 19 May 2013 - 03:09 PM

I wish I could help you out but IE issues always take a fair amount of time. Without looking, it's likely those color are still using rgba and old IE8 versions don't understand this so you'll have to force a hex color instead.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 sgendry

sgendry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:26 PM

Is there a documentation for Decker, however minimum it is (even if it's to say that the following are not yet possible)?

E.g.

1) How to customize the color of the tabs (menu and content, text and background)

2) How to customize the shape and color Decker's box shadow (including how to remove it)

3) Recommended image size (I've worked that out manually and it would make it easier if you could announce that upfront)

4) How to specify which tab should open first (right now it's always the one a the top)

5) Explain how to put the tabs on the left and the image on the right. In my installation the "flipt the layout" option does nothing I am aware of.

If not, could you make it easy on us mortals and tell us which files to play with?

With the above Decker would be shining. As it is it's OK.

Much appreciated!

#2 beardedavenger

beardedavenger

Unicorn Wrangler

• Members

• 1219 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:32 PM

Hi

1. Yep you can use CSS to customize any of this. The colors are taken from your base background color set in color options.

2. Again, CSS can be used to customize any of this.

3. This depends on the size of the parent container. Use inspector to get an accurate gauge of this.

4. There's currently no option to specify which tab shoudl open first, as it will always be the first.

5. Flip layout, does exactly that. It puts the tabs on the left, and the image on the right.

Nick

#3 sgendry

sgendry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:44 PM

Thank you for the prompt reply. 1) How to customize the color of the tabs (menu and content, text and background) Kindly indicate which css class to use for what. I would like to separate my base background color set from that of Decker. 2) How to customize the shape and color Decker's box shadow (including how to remove it) Kindly indicate which css class to use for what. 5) "flip the layout" option does nothing on my end. Am testing on a clean install of wordpress and pagelines. How to troubleshoot?

#4 beardedavenger

beardedavenger

Unicorn Wrangler

• Members

• 1219 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:17 PM

I recommend learning how to use the inspector tool in Chrome to get the appropriate classes to style.

About the "flip layout" yeah seems to be a bug. not sure when that crept in but I'll get that patched up here shortly.

#5 sgendry

sgendry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:00 PM

Classes to style: kindly make this easy, not a major pain for novices. We're talking about few classes here. I am guessing: decker-accordion link-header active link-header link-content So What's the code to use? I want to change the background color of the tabs and remove the box shadow .link-header {background-color:#fff;} doesn't work Flip layout: thank you. How do I know + update when you are done?

#6 beardedavenger

beardedavenger

Unicorn Wrangler

• Members

• 1219 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:01 PM

If I helped everyone customize their sites I would be here forever. If you learn how to use inspector, you'll be able to do a lot more instead of just asking for the code to do it.

#7 sgendry

sgendry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:46 PM

Indeed. I confess to laziness. Inspector tool for chrome is a godsent. Thank you for that.

Flip layout: thank you. How do I know + update when you are done?

#8 sgendry

sgendry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 05:11 AM

I got everything working fine in Chrome, Firefox and Safari but not IE.
Somehow the grey background still appears for .link-header and .link-header:hover
What am I missing?
Here is what I use:

.decker, .decker.decker-clone {background: #FFF; border:none; -webkit-box-shadow: none; -moz-box-shadow: none; box-shadow: none;}
.decker-accordion > .link-header {background-color: #ffffbf; background-image: none; border-top: 1px solid #f90; color: #000;}
.decker-accordion > .link-header:first-child {border-top: #f90; background-color: #ffffbf; background-image: none; }
.decker-accordion {background: #ffffbf;}
.decker-accordion > .link-header:hover {background-color: #ffffbf; background-image: none; text-decoration: underline;}

#9 beardedavenger

beardedavenger

Unicorn Wrangler

• Members

• 1219 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 03:09 PM   Best Answer

I wish I could help you out but IE issues always take a fair amount of time. Without looking, it's likely those color are still using rgba and old IE8 versions don't understand this so you'll have to force a hex color instead.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Decker