• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 kimberlyhaines

kimberlyhaines

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:11 PM

Hello,

Several of my sites are designed with Pagelines and they all seem to be having the same problem. Features and jquery plugins are not working correctly.

I started by updating pagelines and then deactivating all of my plugins, but neither helped. I also tried to completely remove all plugins on one site, and still it did not help.

Website urls are www.kimberlyhaines.com, www.cateringbyseasons.com, and www.laprimafoodgroup.com.  In all of the sites, the features do not rotate, they are just stacked on top of one another. 

All of these sites are also on separate servers, so I do not know what could be the problem.

Please respond asap.

Thank you!

-Kim

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:22 PM

I will need to look at the debug info for your site. To enable debug, please see the instructions under “PageLines Debug” here:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Once you do that, post here to let us know.

#3 kimberlyhaines

kimberlyhaines

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:24 PM

Okay, I have added this and here are the links:

Additionally, I've noticed that the tabs throughout the back end of wordpress including Pagelines Dashboard and Site Options do not work either. The content is not separated into shorter tabs as it should be, but it is all on top of one another like the features on the front end.

Any suggestions?

#4 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:04 PM

First, you should contact your host and ask them to upgrade from PHP version 5.2 to 5.4 since 5.2 is outdated and you should also ask them to turn on Posix functions. It may or may not be the cause of the problem, but this should be done, anyway. If that doesn't fix it, we'll investigate further.

#5 kimberlyhaines

kimberlyhaines

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:33 PM

I have contacted the hosting for one of several sites, but I do not think that is the problem.

Another site, www.thecatoctinbanner.com is also having issues.  The background image on several of the sites, including that one, are not showing up at all.  All of these sites are hosted separately and controlled by different companies.  They have nothing in common other than the pagelines theme - which has been updated, uninstalled and reinstalled, but still the problem persists. 

This issue is becoming more noticeably detrimental and it is difficult to get anything accomplished on the back end with such an error.

Thanks.

#6 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:35 PM

What happens when you view the Dashboard in a different browser? Do the problems in Site Options, etc. persist?

#7 kimberlyhaines

kimberlyhaines

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:39 PM

It is the same.  It looks stacked much like the tabs and accordians on these pages: 

and 

If displayed correctly, you would only need to click the tab to view that content, but instead it just all listed as one (in addition to all of the other problems).

#8 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:23 PM

Please send your WP Dashboard log-in info (for one of the sites) to hello@pagelines.com so we can take a closer look.

#9 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:10 PM

I'm looking at the catering site, but I don't see the stacking issue after refreshing multiple times (I'm on the latest version of Firefox for Mac). They appear just as they should from my end.

#10 kimberlyhaines

kimberlyhaines

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:38 PM

Is there a way to resolve the issue for non-Mac users? I still see the issue is persisting on all of sites.  

Maybe it is just pcs and all other browsers, but without a way to increase compatibility, it becomes too frustrating.

What else can be done?

#11 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4983 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:39 PM

Hi there, if you're seeing this on a pc only can you let us know which browser you're using? If it's IE which version etc.

I've checked your site in Chrome and firefox on a mac and so far it seems to be working ok. If you could take some screenshots as well of what you're seeing that would help us try to work out what's happening.

#12 kimberlyhaines

kimberlyhaines

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:57 PM

Here are three screenshots:

The sites www.laprimafoodgroup.com and www.thecatoctinbanner.com are having problems that are not easily visible if you don't know what it should look like normally - background images are missing, features are not scrolling through, etc.  On the sites www.cateringbyseasons.com and www.laprimacatering.com, the stacked features looked so bad that I had to remove them and leave only one. The screenshot of broken features show the problem as seen in all browsers on pcs.

Additionally, the tabs do not work on the front or back end of the websites, as seen in the first screenshot. Of course, I have tried to remove the tabs plug in, but since it did not correct the other problems, I restored it.

#13 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4983 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:01 AM

Hi there,

I've checked in browserstack in IE9 and IE10 and the site seems to be working ok -

Are you viewing the site in IE8 or with compatibility mode on within IE?

Another thing to check is whether the compatibility script is enabled inside pagelines. Go to Pagelines>site options>advanced to check if the checkbox is ticked or not. This helps with earlier versions of IE.

To stop the features from stacking try this code -

#14 jeremyh78

jeremyh78

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:05 PM

I've enabled debug

#15 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4983 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:19 PM

Moderator note: Above post relates to thread -

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: features, plugins, unresponsive, broken