3 replies to this topic

#1 willowtee

willowtee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:23 AM

Hi Guys,

Im looking to build a new site for a client who wants a fairly simple 2 column layout which looks like so - 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I understand how I could do this using the pagelines framework in potentially quite a crude way - i.e hiding the header and footer sections on all pages an running a single sidebar set up. Which would get the desired result but possibly weigh my pages down with too much unnecessary HTML?

Does anyone have any advice on how to best approach a design like this. I intend to use jigoshop for the shop setup and understand it works well with pagelines.

Any advice/thoughts would be appreciated!

Many Thanks

Tom

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17950 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:45 AM

Hi,

The method you wrote above is the probably the best and simplest way to achieve this layout. Also, not sure what you mean by unnecessary HTML?

#3 willowtee

willowtee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:25 AM

Thanks,

Excuse my terminology - but I really just wanted to check this approach would be considered 'acceptable' and if you still recommend page lines for such stripped back page template?

Cheers

Tom 

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17950 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:32 AM

You can design your site how you like, if you prefer to have no sections in your header template area, thats up to you. However, I think you would probably want to check out the MUD theme, as it has a similar layout.

To achieve this kind of layout in my opinion some custom code will probably be required. I think the best course of action is for you to have a play with different layouts, such as having no sections active in the header, if that isn't to your taste then try using custom CSS, to position your logo image etc...