Photo
- - - - -

Clean instal of Pagelines in clearn instal of Wordpress. Where are the carousel images?

carousel

Best Answer Rob , 06 May 2013 - 08:47 PM

It's probably in the Blog template since the default homepage is a blog.  The settings should be in Dashboard > PageLines > Page Options > Blog Page. I'm not sure that the original slides will show there, but are replaced when you add new ones at that location.

Go to that Page Options > Blog Page, and you will find the Quick Slider tab there.  Click it, scroll down and you can add your slides.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 sgendry

sgendry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:12 PM

I have just done a clean instal of Pagelines in a clean instal of Wordpress. There is a carousel (quickslider?) with 3 colorful images that appears on my home page above the only post I currently have. Where are the settings for that carousel? It's not a post nor a page, not in features, not in boxes, not in banners

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:24 PM

Hi,

Quick Slider is a section, and thus controlled from Meta Settings.  You can go to any page using the section and scroll down to PageLines Meta Settings and add slides there, or, if you're using the slider on a more global basis in a template (across many pages, then you may go to Dashboard > PageLines > Page Options and select Quick Slider there, uploading images from that setting.

Here's the documentation:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Hope this helps!

#3 sgendry

sgendry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:35 PM

Thank you. Your prompt answer is much appreciated and will be useful, but I still don't understand where to modify the current quickslider that appears on my home page. Again, at this stage I have a clean install of Wordpress and a clean install of Pagelines. The default Wordpress config is set to show the latest posts on the front page. On that page I can see the 1 default wp blog post, and ABOVE that a quickslider. Where do I edit THAT quickslider? It doesn't belong to a post nor a page, and doesn't appear in the drag & drop section of Pagelines. Thank you!

#4 sgendry

sgendry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:38 PM

I have also looked at the pagelines Page Options and I still can't find the options for the particular quickslider I am talking about that only shows on the home page below the menu and above the latest post, and nowhere else.

#5 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:47 PM   Best Answer

It's probably in the Blog template since the default homepage is a blog.  The settings should be in Dashboard > PageLines > Page Options > Blog Page. I'm not sure that the original slides will show there, but are replaced when you add new ones at that location.

Go to that Page Options > Blog Page, and you will find the Quick Slider tab there.  Click it, scroll down and you can add your slides.

#6 sgendry

sgendry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:16 AM

Found it. You were correct. Thank you.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: carousel