1 reply to this topic

#1 wfuitg

wfuitg

• Members

• 4 posts
  • LocationWinston Salem NC
  • Framework Version:DMS 1.1.5; PageLines FrameworkVersion 2.4.4

Posted 06 May 2013 - 05:13 PM

I'm looking for the image files of the down and right arrows that are used in the Navigation structure. I want to replace the gray with either white or black arrows.

Based on what I found with firebug, I thought it was arrows-ffffff.png in themes > pagelines > sections > nav > images

I saved a copy of the original png for backup. I changed the arrows in the png to black and saved that file as arrows-ffffff.png. I put it back into the directory, but that didn't work.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Scott

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:14 PM

Hi Scott,

We strongly recommend against editing or replacing core files. With the next upgrade, your changes would be wiped out. 

The way to do this is 1.  Go to Dashboard > PageLines > Store > Themes and install Base Theme.

FTP into wp-content/themes/pagelines-template-theme.   Create a new folder called sections.

Now, go to wp-content/themes/pagelines/sections and download the nav folder to your desktop.

Then, upload the folder you downloaded to wp-content/themes/pagelines-template-theme/sections

You can then edit the folder's contents without risk of it being overwritten.

Go then to Dashboard > Appearance > Themes and activate PageLines Base Theme.

2. You may need to use CSS to change the image. It may be coded into the CSS, so changing the image in the nav/images folder may not work fully, though it should. Have you tried that approach?

Make sure that after any changes, you clear any cache plugin in its settings, and the browser's cache.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: navigation, customization