#1 wspencerii

wspencerii

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • Framework Version:2.4.1

Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:55 PM

So we have three options on the Color Control in the Global settings

Body background, Page Background, and Content Background. Currently I have the Body background set to white, and the Page and content set to black.

Eventually I have planned to upload a background image for the entire site. I would like to have the header blend into the background image so I will be removing the border (which my client wanted) around the image to make it black. If I make the content background white it adds a white background with padding to the entire site. I would prefer it to only add a white background to the content of the page. Is it easier to define the background image for any content in the meta settings of that page, or can the body or content color be manupliated in the CSS in order to only be around the actually content?

My confusion comes from the verbage of body and content in the Color control. I would think that if I made the content color white it would only be white around the displayed content under the menu bar. Or if I made the body white it would do the same. But it seems both of them when changed encompas the entire web page header and all.

Im sure this would be more of a suggestion about changing the verbage in the color control panel or adjusting the program to display only around the actual content of the page and not the entire page. But the only way to learn more about it is to talk about it. Thanks

I read some of the CSS tutorial and I understand the overides but I need the overide to target the div.entry_content { background: #fffff} ( when this is entered in the custom code it doesnt do anything)

Is it because the Page Background is an override in its self?

Pageline: Newest version

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:41 PM

Is it easier to define the background image for any content in the meta settings of that page, or can the body or content color be manupliated in the CSS in order to only be around the actually content?

You can make the header background color transparent using CSS so that only the content can have the white background color.

Regarding the CSS override, your code would need to look like this to be an override:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#3 wspencerii

wspencerii

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:40 PM

Thanks, I tried the override and it didn't add the white color to the div.entry_content so my guess is that one of the colors chosen is blocking it?!

heres what I added

it changed the padding but did not change the background. And with the vast majority of everything being in the content-pad I think im targeting the wrong thing in order to change the header background to transparent.

when I pull the inspector over it I only get the actual sorce image and then the div.content-pad

Thanks for the help.

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:42 PM

Hi,

Yes, the settings may override a CSS control sometimes.

Also, I'd recommend correcting the CSS you posted above so the ; is at the end of the line above.  That can render those lines of CSS invalid in some browsers.

#5 wspencerii

wspencerii

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:45 PM

I did that as soon as you posted this and it seems to make the transparent inactive when posted next to it. But moved down a line and the transparent becomes active again.

#6 wspencerii

wspencerii

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:57 PM

So Ive turned off all the setting colors (left their fields blank) and have now entered in CSS into the custom code section. Im using the inspector in order to hen peck through the website to find the things I want to modify however it seems like it doenst like some of my code or I'm not targeting the corect source in order to make the changes I would like.

Should I write them all as overrides as well?

#7 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:07 PM

It won't really know where you're applying the div.texture unless you prefix it with the location, like #page or #content... The div.texture is used in a number of areas, and when you see it in an inspector like Firebug or Chrome, you don't really see that it's under another qualifying location.

Did you remove the colors from Color Control?

#8 wspencerii

wspencerii

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:30 PM

ha...ok thats what I though. I wasnt sure if the overrides were the actual locations as well. Thanks

Yes I removed all the colors from the color control except for the ones that deligate the font's. So none of the boxes have identifiers in them. Im going to add the locations in order to see if it will settle the css into place.

#9 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:34 PM

Keep us posted.

#10 wspencerii

wspencerii

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:40 PM

So it took. Awesome and thanks again.

#11 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:54 PM

Anytime.

#12 aignaciodc

aignaciodc

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 04:56 PM

I'm having the same problem, but my question (as someone who knows zip nada doodah about CSS) is why does the custom color thingy doohicky say Body Background, Page Background, Content Background, if changing those colors doesn't actually make the page one color, and the content section another. Every time I change a color, in any of the 3 sections, it colors the entire page. I'm baffled as to the logic. Hey... what I'm great at is getting into systems like this with which I'm unfamiliar and doodling with their whatsits and, even though I sometimes never understand the setup of the program I can come up with a dozen ways to make them more user friendly to apparent morons like me.  You guys hiring? Please? I work in Saudi Arabia. Save me.... (bonus, I'm a Chiropractor, so when I'm not fiddling with the whatchamacallits trying to come up with suggestions, I can be treating your programming addled necks).  Just sayin' 

Shoot. I guess it's time to go back to trying to understand how to make my blog pretty.  Is there a link to understand the logic of the color control section, so I can learn? Thanks! :)

#13 Martin Davies

Martin Davies

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 2469 posts
  • LocationManchester, England
  • Framework Version:latest

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:07 PM

Hello aigaciodc 

This topic was resolved on the 6th May. Please could you start your own topic and we will do our best to explain the logic for you.