Photo
- - - - -

iBlog Customization - Right Column

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 lahetta

lahetta

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 07:18 PM

I was trying to get the comments to show up in the right column and was not successful. I tried dragging the widget under categories and tags and some other places but could not make the comment widget appear. If it helps here is the website, www.plumsteadvoters.com. I love the iBlog Theme and look forward to learning how to utilize and extend it fully. Thanks from a satisfied customer, Lahetta

#2 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3252 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 07:27 PM

Hi Lahetta, This could be a problem with WP. I have had this same problem myself, but usually it works once I try it a couple times. Are you saving the widgets once you drag them? Which sidebar are you trying to activate?

#3 lahetta

lahetta

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 08:18 PM

Actually, Comments is in the accordian_sidebar along with Tags and Catetgories, but only Tags and Categories is displaying on the homepage. Recent Posts and Links are in the same sidebar with Recent Posts not appearing and Links down at the bottom. I did hit save but nothing yet. I was wondering if there is a "map" of where content in the sidebars is supposed to appear.

#4 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3252 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 02:01 AM

So it looks like your homepage is displaying the 'flowbar'. If you add widgets to this sidebar they should appear on your homepage. On other pages there is an option at the bottom (page interface) that allows you to choose which widgets show up. Also, I've been recommending the "widget logic" plugin a lot as it seems to have helped some other users fix their problems.

#5 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3252 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 02:01 AM

So it looks like your homepage is displaying the 'flowbar'. If you add widgets to this sidebar they should appear on your homepage. On other pages there is an option at the bottom (page interface) that allows you to choose which widgets show up. Also, I've been recommending the "widget logic" plugin a lot as it seems to have helped some other users fix their problems.

#6 patrick

patrick

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 08:21 PM

Hi Andrew, The Widget Logic plugin looks good, and I found this tutorial video on YouTube useful. Still, I am having problems with right-column widgets continuing to show up in the center footer of my page below all posts. I am wondering if this has something to do with the absence of a "Save Changes" button on the Widget page. I noticed at 3:50 in the Widget Logic video that there was a click "Save Changes" step, but I don't see anything like that button in iBlog Pro. Any advice or recommendations would be appreciated. Regards, Patrick

#7 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3252 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 05:08 AM

Still, I am having problems with right-column widgets continuing to show up in the center footer of my page below all posts.

Almost 100% of the time this is caused by a markup issue somewhere causing an element to close before its supposed to..

this makes the sidebar think its inside the content column.

Id take a look at your content with Firebug for Firefox and see what could be causing the issue (an incorrect 'div' tag in a post or page is typically what causes this issue)