Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Citi Theme Change second level masterhead images

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi Nick,

I would like to add different masterhead images to second level pages to match what that page is about. I thought I would be able to do that in each page options masterhead, but I now realise that this just creates a splash image, which does not suit my needs.

Is there anyway to change each pages masterhead in this theme?

8 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

No problem, I appreciate this part pf the forum just you answering so hard work.   Solved it - I was getting thrown by the cloning code and trying to get it to change the clone section. Is working now I just gone back to the good old url option.

for others who may try to do the same; this worked for me:

#masthead {background-image:url('http://yoururlhere.jpg');}

Posted · Report post

Thanks Nick, I have been trying to do this but must not have the CSS right - any clues. I have been trying to change the clone number in the .masthead section.  Sorry if this is outside of help given.

Posted · Report post

Hi Nick - Any chance you can help me with this please.

Posted · Report post

I recommend learning to use inspector to get the right classes to style. CSS is fairly simple.

Posted · Report post

Hi Nick, I have used this and tried a number of CSS and class options, but none worked. I always spend a good amount of time trying to resolve the issue myself before asking for help in the forum, this is normally a last result for me, and I very rarely do ask for help under my monthly subscription. I was just hoping you would confirm the correct CSS.

Posted · Report post

I really wish I could sit here and start picking it apart, to give you the correct code, so that you can style your site. However, i get asked this nearly every day, and there's just no way I can sit here for hours and help people design their sites. Inspector shows things very clearly as far as what selectors to choose and modify. Hint: each page has it's own page-id so I would use that to only apply an image to the background of the masthead on just the about page.

Posted · Report post

An image is a applied as the masthead background. Can you change this on different pages? No not currently, but you can do it easily with CSS.