Photo
Citi Theme

Change second level masterhead images

Best Answer progressive01 , 14 May 2013 - 12:41 AM

No problem, I appreciate this part pf the forum just you answering so hard work.   Solved it - I was getting thrown by the cloning code and trying to get it to change the clone section. Is working now I just gone back to the good old url option.

for others who may try to do the same; this worked for me:

#masthead {background-image:url('http://yoururlhere.jpg');}

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 progressive01

progressive01

Advanced Member

• Members

• 84 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:50 AM

Hi Nick,

I would like to add different masterhead images to second level pages to match what that page is about. I thought I would be able to do that in each page options masterhead, but I now realise that this just creates a splash image, which does not suit my needs.

Is there anyway to change each pages masterhead in this theme?

#2 beardedavenger

beardedavenger

Unicorn Wrangler

• Members

• 1219 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:58 PM

An image is a applied as the masthead background. Can you change this on different pages? No not currently, but you can do it easily with CSS.

#3 progressive01

progressive01

Advanced Member

• Members

• 84 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:23 AM

Thanks Nick, I have been trying to do this but must not have the CSS right - any clues. I have been trying to change the clone number in the .masthead section.  Sorry if this is outside of help given.

#4 progressive01

progressive01

Advanced Member

• Members

• 84 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 01:23 AM

Hi Nick - Any chance you can help me with this please.

#5 beardedavenger

beardedavenger

Unicorn Wrangler

• Members

• 1219 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 01:29 AM

I recommend learning to use inspector to get the right classes to style. CSS is fairly simple.

#6 progressive01

progressive01

Advanced Member

• Members

• 84 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 01:38 AM

Hi Nick, I have used this and tried a number of CSS and class options, but none worked. I always spend a good amount of time trying to resolve the issue myself before asking for help in the forum, this is normally a last result for me, and I very rarely do ask for help under my monthly subscription. I was just hoping you would confirm the correct CSS.

#7 beardedavenger

beardedavenger

Unicorn Wrangler

• Members

• 1219 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:54 PM

I really wish I could sit here and start picking it apart, to give you the correct code, so that you can style your site. However, i get asked this nearly every day, and there's just no way I can sit here for hours and help people design their sites. Inspector shows things very clearly as far as what selectors to choose and modify. Hint: each page has it's own page-id so I would use that to only apply an image to the background of the masthead on just the about page.

#8 progressive01

progressive01

Advanced Member

• Members

• 84 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:41 AM   Best Answer

No problem, I appreciate this part pf the forum just you answering so hard work.   Solved it - I was getting thrown by the cloning code and trying to get it to change the clone section. Is working now I just gone back to the good old url option.

for others who may try to do the same; this worked for me:

#masthead {background-image:url('http://yoururlhere.jpg');}

#9 beardedavenger

beardedavenger

Unicorn Wrangler

• Members

• 1219 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 04:09 PM

Awesome!!!!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Citi Theme