#1 mmunger

mmunger

• Members

• 25 posts
  • LocationMontrĂ©al
  • Framework Version:DMS 2

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:22 PM

Hi everyone.

I run a blog and I regularly publish posts with content with a similar content structure. There are three or four posts per week that come with elements such as labels and grids that never change, with only the text that changes.

You can see an example here, with the "possible lineups" being an element that comes back every time I publish a pre-game post:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

So far, I have been handling this by making text files with the elements that never change, editing them and then copy-pasting in the content area of my posts. That works well when I am at home, but sometimes I'd like to create a new post from a remote location and the method is less practical.

Is there a way to create a few post templates within the framework to handle this?

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:33 PM

Hi,

Yes, it is possible to achieve a custom template in PageLines, with the Base Theme installed and activated.

Here's some guidance that may help you reach your goal: 

It appears you're also looking for a custom data entry portal or form for the addition of content.

Such data entry forms may best be created by one of our pros, found at

WordPress does allow for custom data fields, and there are many plugins available that facilitate this, should you desire to try it on your own.  I cannot say if these work within the context of the template, but don't see any reason they wouldn't.

I hope this helps.