Photo
- - - - -

My account credentials don't work

Best Answer James B , 04 May 2013 - 12:29 AM

Hi there,

Catrina won't be back until Monday, so I've looked up your details and tested your login on my test site for the dashboard access. It went through first time - http://screencast.com/t/4EiIdSc81 I've checked the debug information for you, there's nothing in there that I could see causing problems.

On your own site what are you seeing when you attempt to log in? Are you receiving any particular error message or does it just state 'cannot connect as user'... etc

Some things to troubleshoot to see if this corrects the log in issue would be clearing your cache/cookies fully within the browser you're currently using. Trying an alternative browser to see if you're able to log in via there.

Do you have any type of firewall installed on your setup? Anything that might be restricting access?

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 weekendknitter

weekendknitter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Framework Version:2.3.6

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:22 PM

Hello, I'd like to ask the community of Pagelines users if you have any issues with logging in from the dashboard at all?  I never have a problem logging in to the forums or anywhere else.  But, within the dashboard it hasn't worked since around the second month after I bought the theme (Maybe after the first time I had to update it?  Not sure).  I have contacted Pagelines but they've had no luck getting it to work on any consistent basis.  When they do, it's really impractical as the one person that was able to help me login once had to "push" something through to me.  It worked for that session and is again not working.  It's very frustrating!!! 

If this happened to anyone else, please let me know how it was fixed. Thanks.  

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:24 PM

Since this is a billing/account-related issue, please send an e-mail to hello@pagelines.com and we will assist you with your inquiry there.

#3 weekendknitter

weekendknitter

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:32 PM

Hello, I have tried that.  I have requested support for that repeatedly.  I wanted to ask the members of the pagelines community if they had a similar issue and got a fix for it on their end.  Thanks.

#4 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:29 PM

I will need to look at the debug info for your site. To enable debug, please see the instructions under “PageLines Debug” here:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Send me the link to your site with /?pldebug=1 added at the end of it.

#5 weekendknitter

weekendknitter

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:17 PM

Okay. I'll try again. What is your email catrina? 

Nm. Sent a message through your profile.  Please let me know how this works out.  Thanks. 

#6 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:29 AM   Best Answer

Hi there,

Catrina won't be back until Monday, so I've looked up your details and tested your login on my test site for the dashboard access. It went through first time -

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I've checked the debug information for you, there's nothing in there that I could see causing problems.

On your own site what are you seeing when you attempt to log in? Are you receiving any particular error message or does it just state 'cannot connect as user'... etc

Some things to troubleshoot to see if this corrects the log in issue would be clearing your cache/cookies fully within the browser you're currently using. Trying an alternative browser to see if you're able to log in via there.

Do you have any type of firewall installed on your setup? Anything that might be restricting access?

#7 weekendknitter

weekendknitter

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:38 AM

Okay.  I tried another browser and deleted all the cookies there.  Then, when I went to the dashboard, I was already logged in.  Then , I did it in my default browse as well, and it worked there too.  So, hopefully, this is what the fix is.  Thanks. 

#8 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:16 AM

Excellent :-)

Glad that worked, we'll mark this thread answered but if you have any further problems please let us know, either via by email of via the forum.

Have a good weekend