Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bearded Avenger Suggests Problem is a Pageline Issue: Fatal Error

Question

Posted · Report post

Twice in the last month the http://www.ehr1.co has "become broken." By this I mean that the entire framework disappears. No header, navigation becomes a list, boxes no longer are horizontal, etc. I took a look at the error log and found the following. Could you assist me in correcting this and comment on whether this is the problem?

I have the most up-to-date Pagelines installed.

[01-May-2013 19:55:41] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function  pagelines_insert_core_less() in /home5/ehroneco/public_html/wp-content/plugins/ba-shortcodes/ba-shortcodes.php on line 157
[01-May-2013 19:55:45] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function  pagelines_insert_core_less() in /home5/ehroneco/public_html/wp-content/plugins/ba-shortcodes/ba-shortcodes.php on line 157
[01-May-2013 19:55:45] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function  pagelines_insert_core_less() in /home5/ehroneco/public_html/wp-content/plugins/ba-shortcodes/ba-shortcodes.php on line 157
[01-May-2013 19:55:49] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function  pagelines_insert_core_less() in /home5/ehroneco/public_html/wp-content/plugins/ba-shortcodes/ba-shortcodes.php on line 157
[01-May-2013 19:55:54] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function  pagelines_insert_core_less() in /home5/ehroneco/public_html/wp-content/plugins/ba-shortcodes/ba-shortcodes.php on line 157

umm, do you even have PageLines Framework activated?
Good question. I believe I do. See attached please.
http://www.ehr1.co/i.../screenshot.png
The only way this happens is if the framework isn't activated. There's also a check in place, to prevent those nasty errors, why it's failing is likely an issue with the framework.
http://cl.ly/image/0V2Y0s1f380b

Well how can I fix it. Did you view my screenshot of the base theme activated. Did you mean I should switch to Framework? I really appreciate your time. Thank you.

This error occurs if there is no framework present. I have a check in place, to first check if the function exists. Beyond that, I'm honestly not sure what I else I can do other than to recommend you connect with PageLines support and inquire as to why, even with a check, you're getting that error.

3 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi there,

Well the errors seem to be coming from the ba shortcodes plugin but I can't see them showing on your site when I look at it from the url you've provided. Is the error log providing historic data, ie: the error is no longer occuring?

Posted · Report post

It is so odd because it has happened twice. I go in and deactivate Pagelines, reactivate and then the error is corrected. Maybe the best thing would be for me to not use ba shortcodes on this site. I have used the code successfully on many other sites but deactivating won't be the end of the world. I just needed some guidance as to what I should do. Thank you.

Posted · Report post

It could be that maybe the plugin is conflicting with another plugin? Do you have latest version of BA shortcodes installed?

Next time it happens try going into Pagelines>site options> and click 'save options' so that the LESS gets recompiled and see if the error clears.