Photo
Bad Ass Shortcodes

ENHANCE: BAS Carousel Not Displaying Custom Post Types

badass shortcode carousel images custome post type inscub_wiki wiki jigoshop product

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 jcaynes

jcaynes

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Arizona
  • Framework Version:2.4.1

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:29 AM

Hi Nick, Thanks so much for this plugin.  I'm starting to dig in and have tried to add carousels in two sites, one using tags for jigoshop products and another using categories for a wiki plugin.  I'm not getting any errors, but there are no images, so can only assume I'm doing something wrong.  Featured images are set for all.

Gardening Website: http://organically.us/wiki/predators/

I have shortcode inserted to show subwikis for predatory insects (category), but no images display.  Plugin for Wiki is inscub_wiki, named my wiki posts "Wikis". Post type has been named "inscub_wiki" and also tried "wiki" in the shortcode. 

Shortcode added is: [ba-postcarousel speed="400" slideshow="false" delay="5000" number="20" category="predators" post-type="wiki" orderby="ID" order="ASC" showtitle="true" showimg="true" showexcerpt="false" thumbsize="thumbnail" itemwidth="250"]

Jewelry Website:  http://theartisanjewelry.com/product/rose-quartz-pink-pearls-silver/

I have shortcode to show other products of the same gemstones (tags), but no images display.  The plugin is jigoshop, and the post types should just be "product".   

Shortcode added is: [ba-postcarousel speed="400" slideshow="false" delay="5000" number="5" tag="rose-quartz" post-type="product" orderby="ID" order="ASC" showtitle="true" showimg="true" showexcerpt="false" thumbsize="medium" itemwidth="400"]

The code seems to be working, but the custom post types are not getting hooked in, I think.  Maybe I missed a box or something?  I'll keep trying, but hoping there is something you can clue me in on.

Also, I was looking at your better carousel plugin and wanted to know how that is different or better than the BAS plugin, because I'm really trying to insert a carousel in the posts right now.

Thanks so much!

Jan

#2 jcaynes

jcaynes

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 06:50 PM

Lots of views, no answers. I still haven't found any way to get the custom post types hooked in.  Any info on that?  Was BASS not built for custom post types?

#3 beardedavenger

beardedavenger

Unicorn Wrangler

• Members

• 1219 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 12:58 PM

Hmm for some reason I never saw this topic, hence no answer.

That shortcode isn't being used properly, which is why it's no working. For one, there are no categories in custom post types, they are called terms. Second, there currently isn't a "term" attribute for that shortcode, or the Better Carousel. What these products DO do, is show posts from a custom post type.

Once I get back into town next week I can certainly add these features in as an update.

#4 jcaynes

jcaynes

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 01:38 PM

Okay, thanks so much for the reply! 

#5 jcaynes

jcaynes

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 09:56 PM

Hi Nick -

The update was completed today for DMS compatibility.  Was anything included for the carousel compatibility?

Thanks!

#6 beardedavenger

beardedavenger

Unicorn Wrangler

• Members

• 1219 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 03:12 PM

Hey!

To be honest I was so concerned with getting it working in both V2 and DMS and completely forgot about adding a terms attribute for the carousel. I'll get this added on Monday for you.

#7 jcaynes

jcaynes

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 03:36 PM

Thanks so much!  It would be an awesome addition!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Bad Ass Shortcodes, badass shortcode, carousel, images, custome post type, inscub_wiki, wiki, jigoshop, product