Photo
- - - - -

vertical menu css

Best Answer James B , 03 May 2013 - 02:38 AM

Hi again,

Ok now looking at your page with that setup, you'll be able to move the submenu over to the right side of the nav and over the content by applying css to the .dropdown-menu class.

body .dropdown-menu {
;
}
Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 appliance

appliance

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:17 PM

You can see my progress at 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Currently I can not make the submenu display to the right side and over the content area.  Can anyone take a look at my css and tell me what im doing wrong?  The submenu also seems be a few pixels lower than the main menu.  Id appreciate any help or pointers.

Thanks

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4983 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:03 PM

Hi there,

Looking at your site the menu is placed in the primary sidebar. If you want to get it over the content area in the right hand side then you'll need to place it in a different area in the drag and drop. Possibly in a universal or full width sidebar above the content area in the 'page template' area. A widget placed in a sidebar to the side of the site will always be to the left/right of the page under or inline with the content, as pagelines provides other sidebar options which can be placed above or below the content using a width based sidebar then this would be your best option to achieve the desired layout.

You can still make adjustments to the positioning using css, but you'll be in a better position to start with the widget to align.

#3 appliance

appliance

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:21 AM

Thanks for the info.  That did clear alot up and I understand whats stopping it form working.  I dont have a fix yet but I understand why it doesnt work.

Thanks

#4 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4983 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:38 AM   Best Answer

Hi again,

Ok now looking at your page with that setup, you'll be able to move the submenu over to the right side of the nav and over the content by applying css to the .dropdown-menu class.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#5 appliance

appliance

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:03 PM

Thanks for the help.  It works now!

I put the universal sidebar in the wrap, added the custom menu widget to it.  After some tweaking of the css it now displays the menus over the main container.

Very happy!