Photo
Trickle

Page Options page stops working properly when Trickle is implemented.

Best Answer beardedavenger , 02 May 2013 - 06:11 PM

There is an option limit. Meaning, all the options, in ALL the sections you have activated add up, and you've hit that limit. I run into this issue all the time.

There's nothing I can do I my end to change your situation. You'll need to deactivate  the sections you are not using. Are you using every single core section? If not, deactivate the ones you aren't using. 

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 john7626

john7626

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • Framework Version:2.4

Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:52 PM

When I activate and use Trickle my Page Options page stops loading properly. This occurs on both the WPEngine staging site I use and on the live website www.cityofcharlestown.com which is hosted on our local server, in house. On the live site the Page Options page stops loading after several seconds and gives error message and on the staging site a 502 Bad Gateway error is returned.  It seems as if the time it takes to load all the options in Trickle is too long. (Just an intuitive guess, not intended to be a proper diagnosis.) I deactivated all unused sections first, on both sites, and still had the problem. When I turned off Trickle the problem went away on both the staging site and the live site. The Trickle section, as I have mentioned in a previous post, is the favorite of my client (my boss, actually) but as it stands I am unable to use it because of this issue. Any suggestions?

#2 beardedavenger

beardedavenger

Unicorn Wrangler

• Members

• 1219 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:53 PM

You'll need to disable some sections that you aren't using. This is a limitation within PageLines Framework.

#3 john7626

john7626

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:58 PM

I understand what you are saying, but let me throw some more context into the situation.  I have 23 added sections, however, I only have 5 activated. They are CrackBar, Doppleganger Bar, Flipslide, NavXT Breadcrumbs and SlabText. I only have 1 Pagelines plugin activated, Pagelines Customize. All of the Core Framework is activated. I even deleted Trickle and reinstalled it, thinking the default settings would return and only a few (3, I think) image slots would be under each image group. However, it opened with too many image slots again, to the extent that the Page Options page timed out having only opened down to Image Group C. I am not suggesting that you can fix all of Pagelines issues that might conflict with the myriad of combinations that are possible, but it seems like with only a few sections activated there shouldn't be such an issue. Also, is there some way for me to force the reinstalled Trickle section to only show the 3 images per group? Thanks.

#4 beardedavenger

beardedavenger

Unicorn Wrangler

• Members

• 1219 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:11 PM   Best Answer

There is an option limit. Meaning, all the options, in ALL the sections you have activated add up, and you've hit that limit. I run into this issue all the time.

There's nothing I can do I my end to change your situation. You'll need to deactivate  the sections you are not using. Are you using every single core section? If not, deactivate the ones you aren't using. 

#5 john7626

john7626

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:22 PM

I'll try that. Thanks.

#6 john7626

john7626

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:43 PM

So far, so good. I did as you suggested and turned off all of the core sections that I am not using. I was then able to reactivate Trickle and load Page Options successfully. I reset all Image Slots to 4 images on the Page Options page. Now I'm going to place the images again. Another question, though. Does each image in each image slot count as one of the options you explained? If so, and I keep my images to 4 per slot, that should free up "options" for other sections I might want to use, right? As opposed to having 10 images per image slot active for image placement.

#7 john7626

john7626

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:05 PM

Also, Nick, if I use trickle on several pages (let's guess 6), will each of the image placeholders count as part of the overall option "total" such that my capability of using additional sections will be greatly diminished?

#8 TCoGW

TCoGW

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 05:10 PM

Do you know, is the limit culmulative for the site or per page type?

#9 beardedavenger

beardedavenger

Unicorn Wrangler

• Members

• 1219 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 04:08 PM

You can raise it by adding a line to your .htaccess file, however I don't feel comfortable giving this info out because I don't want to be responsible if you frick your site. I also can't remember wth that line was either, specifically. Lol. I recommend posting in the regular pagelines forum, and asking, how to increase the option limit. 

I had to do it locally because of the number of sections i have, but I ended up adding a line to the .htaccess file to increase that limit.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Trickle