Headline Masthead Video

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 page1searchenginemarketing

page1searchenginemarketing

• Members

• 13 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:32 AM

I want to add a video and headline-item text across all pages and all posts of my site.  I saw a similar implementation but I could not find a way to do it in Pagelines as of yet.

Attached is the desired look-and-feel.  There is a video on the left-side and some text on the ride side.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

32.94KB   6 downloads

The video and the text is the same across the board.

Please advise.

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17579 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:11 AM

Hi,

What you can do is add the ContentBox section to your site and use HTML to add your text and video. I recommend using the PageLines Grid to create your two column layout.

We also provide shortcode support for YouTube and Vimeo, see here -

#3 page1searchenginemarketing

• Members

• 13 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:23 PM

Hi Ninja, thanks for showing the grid and short codes. 

If I put in the  grid system and shortcode for the video and the benefit list - in the ContentBox section, wouldn't I need to configure that for every new page and every new post that I make?

Is there a way to make the same video and the same benefit list site wide? I was hoping that just like the logo settings and navbar settings, these would automagically appear in all pages, posts, author pages, archives, categories, etc?

Is it possible to add these codes in the Custom Code section?

Header Scripts Pro
Scripts inserted directly before the end of the HTML <head> tag

Please advise.

#4 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:05 PM

If I put in the  grid system and shortcode for the video and the benefit list - in the ContentBox section, wouldn't I need to configure that for every new page and every new post that I make?

If you put the ContentBox in a global template area like the Header or Footer, you can add the content to this section in PageLines > Page Options > Site Defaults > ContentBox and the same content will show on all pages/posts.

Is there a way to make the same video and the same benefit list site wide? I was hoping that just like the logo settings and navbar settings, these would automagically appear in all pages, posts, author pages, archives, categories, etc?

Yes, as long as you put this content in a section in a global template area and it's configured in Page Options > Site Defaults (as described in the answer above), the content should appear on all pages.

Is it possible to add these codes in the Custom Code section?

Which codes are you referring to specifically?

#5 page1searchenginemarketing

• Members

• 13 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:16 PM

Thanks, catrina! 

When you refer to "ContentBox" is there actually a "ContentBox" in the navigation.  When I go PageLines > Page Options > Site Defaults  - I do not see "ContentBox."  All I see are 9 options:  Carousel, Highlight, Features, Callout, Hero Unit, Masthead, Boxes, Quick Slider and Banners.

The closest content section where I could add text is the Masthead.  Is there any other section where I can put the shortcodes in?  At the very bottom of the Masthead section, there is a

Masthead Meta
Enter text to be shown on Masthead (optional)

and I put the shortcodes for  what I need in there as follows:  (these shortcodes are what I was previously refering to as "codes")

In the Pagelines > Drag & Drop > Header > Editing SIte Header  - I added the Masthead to the header (under the NavBar). 

The Masthead section now appears on all pages and post but the shortcodes do not show?  The Masthead section looks like this below all throughout.

It seems that there is something missing in activating the shortcodes into the sequence  PageLines > Page Options > Site Defaults > Masthead? 

Please advise.

If you put the ContentBox in a global template area like the Header or Footer, you can add the content to this section in PageLines > Page Options > Site Defaults > ContentBox and the same content will show on all pages/posts.

Yes, as long as you put this content in a section in a global template area and it's configured in Page Options > Site Defaults (as described in the answer above), the content should appear on all pages.

Which codes are you referring to specifically?

Thanks again.

#6 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:41 AM

Hi there,

The contentbox is a free additional section available from the pagelines store, its not part of the core sections. If you go to pagelines>store>sections>top free you'll be able to find and install directly into your site.

Not all sections are set to render shortcodes, for the layout you're looking to achieve you'd be better using the contentbox than the masthead section. Contentbox handles html/shortcodes.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Headline, Masthead, Video