Photo
- - - - -

Features Image Black/Blank

features no-image black blank

Best Answer James B , 30 April 2013 - 02:39 AM

Hi there

Looking in the source code of your site the images aren't even showing - http://screencast.com/t/gnwwbywoX

If you go into the features tab, are you able to see the images in the list? http://screencast.com/t/hMJmOyBBnDc

If you do, go into each slide and re-save, see if they then show up on the front end.

If that doesn't work, have you added anything in the last few days like a plugin? Script since this started happening? If so, deactivate to see if the images comes back.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 movingdot

movingdot

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:28 AM

Hello.

I am using PageLines Framework 2.4.1

WordPress ver. 3.5.1

Everything was fine and working perfectly.

Suddenly, Features on Home page, with 10 images, has stopped working. The number icons show on bottom of Features screen and they cycle through, but images are showing as a black screen.

I am most grateful for your assistance. Here is the page:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:39 AM   Best Answer

Hi there

Looking in the source code of your site the images aren't even showing -

If you go into the features tab, are you able to see the images in the list?

If you do, go into each slide and re-save, see if they then show up on the front end.

If that doesn't work, have you added anything in the last few days like a plugin? Script since this started happening? If so, deactivate to see if the images comes back.

• movingdot likes this

#3 movingdot

movingdot

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:47 AM

Hi James --

I am most grateful and appreciative for your assistance. I do have one other question, but first I would like to report.....

You were right -- the images did not show in the Features panel.

I had to put each one back again; for some reason, even though they existed in the Media Library, the upload wouldn't take from there -- I had to retrieve each one from my hard drive.

I do have another query though -- even though, everything is back, the second slide overlaps the first (then disappears) on load -- I tested this on FF, IE and Chrome -- does it on each browser. Might you know what I need to do do to fix this? It is quite jarring on load.

Many thanks....

Susan

#4 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:52 AM

Hi Susan,

You're welcome :-)

There's a code snippet to stop that stacking of the slides from happening. Add the following to your custom css box in Pagelines>site options>custom code

#5 movingdot

movingdot

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:04 AM

Hi James --

that fix works perfectly in FF and IE -- but Chrome is still persnickety about it -- I purged and emptied all caches several times before writing this to you -- it's not that slide 2 "overlaps," per se, it kind of hangs at the bottom of the frame of slide 1 before disappearing:

any thoughts are very welcomed....

Susan

#6 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:33 AM

Hi Susan,

I've checked in chrome on a mac, but it seems to be sliding through ok on there. If you could take a screenshot of what's happening your end for us to have a look at, we'll see if there's anything else we can suggest to fix.

#7 movingdot

movingdot

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:31 AM

Hi James --

It's the next morning and Chrome is perfect now, too. Admittedly, Chrome *is* that way at times -- and needs several more hours to catch up to what changes were implemented.

I am all set. Many, many thanks for your guidance and your expeditious replies to me:-)!!!

Susan

#8 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17015 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:36 AM

Thanks for informing us the issue has been resolved, we appreciate it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: features, no-image, black, blank