• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 lifelikelife

lifelikelife

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:25 PM

Hi guys,

I love pagelines. Now that that's out of the way, I'd love to hear your suggestions on an issue I'm having.

There's a compatibility issue between 2 third party plugins (please bear with me here and read on) one of them is YOAST SEO and the other one is Simple:Press forum plugin.

They don't play nice with each other. I searched online and found a solution which involves adding and replacing some code in header.php and functions.php here 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

However, I don't see this "<title><?php wp_title(); ?></title>" on my header.php file, I tried adding it to the custom css header scripts section on the site options of pagelines but it didn't work. Any guidance on where I can find this so I can replace it will be very much appreciated!

Thanks so much for your time!

Juan

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:35 PM

Hello Juan,

You don't need to edit core files to add a code snippet to the header.  Just go to Dashboard > PageLines > Site Options > Custom Code and paste it in the Header Scripts area (scroll down and read the headings of each text area).

To add things to a functions.php file, you need to install either PageLines Customize plugin (found in Dashboard > PageLines > Store > Plugins > Top Free), or, you can install a child theme (Dashboard > PageLines > Store > Themes).  Each of these has an editable functions.php. 

Please note that we do not support and strongly discourage editing core files as this can break your site, as well as placing your work at risk of being overwritten with the next update.  Only the child theme and PageLines Customize functions.php files are exempted from Framework updates.

• lifelikelife likes this

#3 lifelikelife

lifelikelife

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:00 AM

Hi Rob, thanks for your prompt reply!

I have, actually, already done both of the things you instructed. The header code I added in the custom css header scripts section, and I have installed the Pagelines Customise plugin too. I have a header.php and a functions.php file when I go to themes > edit, and I thought this was what the Pagelines Customise plugin had added... I have checked now, I have to go to plugins and click edit on pagelines customise to see these editable function.php file.

I added the code there and it broke the site hehe has to delete the customise plugin and reinstall, will keep trying...

Thanks SO much for taking the time to answer to me, I really appreciate it.

Juan

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:07 AM

To get to edit functions.php in the PageLines Customize plugin, go to Dashboard > Plugins > Plugin Editor and on the first screen, you'll see a drop down list on the right, top of the screen. Select 'PageLines Customize' from the list and go.

On the right side, you'll see pagelines-customize/functions.php or something close to that.  Select it and click.

The functions.php will load in the edit field. Add your code at the bottom.

Save it.

As I said, for the header, use the one you've already found.

#5 lifelikelife

lifelikelife

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:12 AM

Thanks Rob, I've tried following these instructions exactly but adding the code to the functions.php file (the one in pagelines customise) breaks my site and I have to uninstall the plugin to try again. I will keep trying and come back here if I find the solution.

Thanks again Rob!

#6 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:17 AM

You're welcome Juan, I'm sorry I couldn't be more help.

You may need a few minutes of help from one of our Pros to resolve this: 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content