Photo
- - - - -

Anyone find a way to center the nav without messing up mobile view?

Best Answer Danny , 29 April 2013 - 06:33 AM

I do not have access to the Sexy Snips plugins, if you're using this to center your navigation and the code used from that plugin is causing an issue with your mobile view. The best course of action is to contact the developer of Sexy Snips.

I recommend you create a new forum topic in our PageLines store forums and use the prefix when creating your post for Sexy Snips, this will alert the developer. You will want to post your topic in this forum.

http://www.pagelines...y-nick-haskins/

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 JesseMann

JesseMann

Advanced Member

• Members

• 59 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:46 AM

I'm making

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

and

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15848 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:34 AM

Hi,

When you style your navigation so that the menu items are centered, you will also cause a slight issue with how your navigation appears on mobile/tablet devices. To address this issue, you will need to use custom CSS using either @media queries or the Browser Specific CSS plugin. You can find documentation on the browser specific css plugin, using our documentation link below.

#3 JesseMann

JesseMann

Advanced Member

• Members

• 59 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:36 AM

I'm dyslexic... All I can do is the drag and drop.

#4 JesseMann

JesseMann

Advanced Member

• Members

• 59 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:43 AM

The second link says "Fatal error: Call to undefined function pl_has_editor() in /srv/www/wordpress_mu/wp-content/plugins/salebar/salebar.php on line 64" 

#5 JesseMann

JesseMann

Advanced Member

• Members

• 59 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:45 AM

I tried pasting the first link stuff into the "custom css" page and it did not work. thank you for your help.

#6 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15848 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:58 AM

The content on the first link, isn't the answer to your question, it is a link to inform you what @media queries are.

Unfortunately, we are unable to provide you the custom CSS needed to achieve your layout. If you're not comfortable with custom CSS or code. I recommend you contact one of our Pros for assistance 

#7 JesseMann

JesseMann

Advanced Member

• Members

• 59 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:06 AM

I have to pay more? What about drag and drop? I promise I am only using Pagelines plugins and It doesnt seem to work with drag and drop. 

#8 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15848 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:26 AM

All the navigation options for PageLines (Fixed Nav, NavBar, Secondary Nav, Nav Classic and ScrollSpy) work perfectly and are all (apart from the Fixed Navigation), a section that can be dragged and dropped into position. 

However, what you're trying to do is customise the navigation to your own liking i.e. centerring the navigation menu items.

If you center your navigation using custom CSS, it will disrupt the responsive styling, that is why you need to use either @media queries or the browser specific plugin. Both of which require custom CSS, we are unable to provide you the custom CSS needed to achieve your layout, this is why I recommend contacting a Pro, if you're uncomfortable using CSS.

#9 JesseMann

JesseMann

Advanced Member

• Members

• 59 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:28 AM

I'm just using Sexy Snips. Shouldn't this not break the website on mobile devices?

#10 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15848 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:33 AM   Best Answer

I do not have access to the Sexy Snips plugins, if you're using this to center your navigation and the code used from that plugin is causing an issue with your mobile view. The best course of action is to contact the developer of Sexy Snips.

I recommend you create a new forum topic in our PageLines store forums and use the prefix when creating your post for Sexy Snips, this will alert the developer. You will want to post your topic in this forum.

#11 JesseMann

JesseMann

Advanced Member

• Members

• 59 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:35 AM

Ok.