Photo
- - - - -

No Scroll In Twinshot

twinshot

Best Answer James B , 14 May 2013 - 07:20 PM

Hi everyone, I've just heard from our developer team that this error was due to a conflict in the javascript and has been fixed in our latest update of Twinshot (1.1.3) which has gone live today. Please update the latest edition.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#41 JesseMann

JesseMann

Advanced Member

• Members

• 61 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:49 PM

This isn't a minor bug to my client. What is the issue?

#42 JesseMann

JesseMann

Advanced Member

• Members

• 61 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:18 AM

Is there nothing I can do to get the scroll functionality for twinshot as in the demo?

#43 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:26 AM

Hi there,

Danny's placed this into the bug tracker now so this will go over to the developer team who will take a look to see what could be causing this. Danny was able to replicate the problem where the scrollbar isn't showing, unfortunately I wasn't. The scrollbar on my site is showing on the twinshot unit, the only difference I can see between mine and yours is a js error on one of the twinshot files, but I'm unable to see what's causing the error on the file 'responsive-containers.min.js?vers=3.5.1'.

Looking in your debug information I can see a couple of things that I'll need to check with our core team to see if they could be the cause this error or not, as soon as one of us has more information on that we'll post back to advise further.

#44 JesseMann

JesseMann

Advanced Member

• Members

• 61 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:41 AM

Thanks.

#45 JesseMann

JesseMann

Advanced Member

• Members

• 61 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 04:00 AM

Hey Guys - Any update on this?

#46 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:27 AM

Hi there, I've not managed to get any further with this yet unfortunately, I will chase this weekend for you. There's not been an update on the bug report yet.

I can't remember if we tried this in the end, but did you try removing the 4 minified files from the twinshot mentioned in -

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#47 JesseMann

JesseMann

Advanced Member

• Members

• 61 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:29 AM

Deleting all of the files that say minify did work to get the scroll bar... but the interface is not as sexy on mobile now.

#48 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:10 PM

Hi there, ok that's a start. I've seen our developer has been working on a fix today, which is currently being tested to see if this fixes it completely. As soon as we get the all clear I will update you, unfortunately he's not online at the moment for me to double check, but I'll know more tomorrow.

#49 JesseMann

JesseMann

Advanced Member

• Members

• 61 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:38 AM

Thank you.

#50 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:06 PM

Hi there,

I have the developers new test version to send you to try to see if this resolves the problem for you. Can you please DM me your email address so I can send it to you directly.

#51 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:55 AM

Did the new test version work for you?

#52 JesseMann

JesseMann

Advanced Member

• Members

• 61 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 04:25 AM

I need some time... in case it doesnt work to fix it... if the whole site goes down then I will really be f'ed. Ill do it asap.

#53 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 09 May 2013 - 04:41 AM

Ok cool, just let us know if it works or if you need further assistance

#54 stug

stug

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 58 posts
  • Framework Version:pro

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:01 PM

Hi, I have the same problem with the scroll bar not showing in all browsers. Also in Firefox the first vid is not loading and when clicking on gallery new vid is not loading either. Here is a link,

This is a test page so I have only populated the top twinshot on the page. I also tried adding the code snippet that you suggested near the begining of this thread, this added a scroll bar but it didn't scroll.

I have activated pagelines debug if that helps.

Thanks

#55 stug

stug

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:43 PM

Since I posted the last comment, I have removed those fies suggested earlier, which does produce the scroll bar. But when I resize the browser and the gallery has to swtch to the bottom the playing vid does not take up the full width like before and looks rubbish. Also still not working in Firefox.

One other thing, how do I make the scroll bar nice and thin like the one in the demo?

#56 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17139 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:27 AM

@

I have viewed your site in both Chrome and FF, the scrollbar is visible and working, maybe clear your browsers cache, cookies.

#57 stug

stug

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:37 PM

Hi Danny, yes like I mentioned in the second post, when I removed the files mensioned in post #46 the scroll bar functions in all browsers but when you resize the browser to simulate a smaller screen the video screen does not resize to 100% width but maintains the width set for when the gallery is at the side. This means it looks really bad. Again the demo resizes corrrectly.

Did the vids load ok for you in firefox because for me they don't load. Now and again the odd one will.

Also any idea about setting a thinner scroll bar.

ANd (sorrry) I had made some modifications to the css to give the video container and gallery a border. Which all worked fine when the browser was resized while the 4 files were in place, but now removed this creates even more disruption to the layout when resized. I have removed the code for the moment so that one thing can be addressed at a time.

#58 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:49 PM

Hi,

After looking at your site in both Firefox and Chrome, I am able to see the slider in both browsers.  It doesn't appear to be stylable and defaults to the browser's slide in both.  It may not be pretty, but it works.

I'll recommend a change to that to our developers.

The videos loaded fast in Chrome but very slow in FireFox.  Only the first five loaded. That could simply be the way the browser handles the memory it takes to load them.  I'll check with our developers about that too.   It could also be due to the cloning of Twinshot.  I'm not sure Twinshot is good for cloning.

#59 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:20 PM   Best Answer

Hi everyone, I've just heard from our developer team that this error was due to a conflict in the javascript and has been fixed in our latest update of Twinshot (1.1.3) which has gone live today. Please update the latest edition.

• imagineutopia likes this

#60 stug

stug

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:59 PM

That did the trick very nicely. Thanks

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: twinshot