Photo
LESS Developer

Less developer wont open LESS files after update

Best Answer Evan Mattson , 27 April 2013 - 02:02 AM

It turns out the last update was not successfully deployed, so you are both most likely running v1.2 which was patched shortly after 1.2 was released.

It has since been deployed and you should see the update show up very soon.  If you don't see it right away, you can try clicking Refresh Store at the bottom to pull in the most recent data.

Let me know if any problem persists!

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 adesouza

adesouza

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 51 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:41 AM

So first off I loooove LESS dev. 

But sadly, when I downloaded the update today, it stopped working. Can't get it to load any file. Basically, I select it in the drop down, hit load, and then nothing happens.

Any ideas?

thanks.

Alex

#2 CliffordP

CliffordP

Advocate

• Members

• 440 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:23 AM

Me too.

#3 Evan Mattson

Evan Mattson

• Members

• 206 posts
  • LocationAnn Arbor, MI
  • Framework Version:latest stable & beta releases

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:41 AM

Hey guys,

Sorry to hear the update has been a problem for you guys.  The problem is that I can't reproduce the problem! Everything seems to be working normally for me.

First of all, please confirm that you are using the latest version 1.2.1.

What you can do is open developer tools in chrome, (or some other browser with developer tools), go to the console, and observe what comes up (if anything) there when you try to load a less file - both before and after.  Chances are, you will see an error there.  If so, please share what you see.

Does it only happen for LESS files? what about CSS files?

It's worth mentioning that if you are using the pagelines debug function 'plprint( $some_data )' somewhere in your site, this will throw a wrench in things when its being output to the footer and break the data that is being returned via ajax. This will cause the file load (or any other ajax function like complie/save) to fail and causing the loader to show spinning endlessly, and nothing else to work. There's no reason though however that this would change with the most recent version of LESS Developer.

Please see what comes up in the developer tools console and let me know!

#4 Evan Mattson

Evan Mattson

• Members

• 206 posts
  • LocationAnn Arbor, MI
  • Framework Version:latest stable & beta releases

Posted 27 April 2013 - 02:02 AM   Best Answer

It turns out the last update was not successfully deployed, so you are both most likely running v1.2 which was patched shortly after 1.2 was released.

It has since been deployed and you should see the update show up very soon.  If you don't see it right away, you can try clicking Refresh Store at the bottom to pull in the most recent data.

Let me know if any problem persists!

• Jenny likes this

#5 CliffordP

CliffordP

Advocate

• Members

• 440 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 28 April 2013 - 04:34 PM

Works now. Thanks, Evan.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: LESS Developer