Photo
- - - - -

Image with caption

Best Answer Danny , 23 April 2013 - 10:14 AM

1. In Wordpress 3.5 the title attribute was removed from images, see here - http://core.trac.wor...rg/ticket/18984

2. What I was saying is that the Visual editor is the first thing I disable when I install Wordpress on sites I am working on.

So you will need to ask Wordpress support how to add the title attribute back or add the title attribute yourself.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Willem-Siebe Spoelstra

Willem-Siebe Spoelstra

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • LocationAlmere

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:01 AM

Hi,

I don't get support at the pagelines forum because I use a premium theme. I have to ask it here they say.

1) when I insert an image with title, alt and caption, the title from the image will dissapear, only alt and caption is showing. I have to click on the image again and add the title manually again. Is this a known problem?
2) When I already have an image in the post and change it with adding a caption, it will have a lot more white space on top. Is this also a known problem? It makes working in the editor not really easy.

Hope somebody can help me.

Kind regards,

Willem

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17139 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:11 AM

Hi,

I am not quite sure what you're referring to when you say "I don't get support at the pagelines forum because I use a premium theme. I have to ask it here they say.". Can you go into greater detail please.

1. Not sure what you mean when you say the title will disappear ?

2. PageLines has no control over the Wordpress editor. The Wordpress visual editor is very poor and is one of the first things I do once I have installed Wordpress.

#3 Willem-Siebe Spoelstra

Willem-Siebe Spoelstra

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • LocationAlmere

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:33 AM

Hi, I'm really sorry. I ment at the WP forum, see here: 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I don't get support there because I use a premium theme.

1) The situation is, when I upload an image I fill in title, alt and caption. When I upload this image into a post, the title will not be visible in the HTML. I discovered this is with all images (also the images I only use title and alt). I am suprised about this because I was thinking this was copied from the title I fill in at the image. However, the title is not that important so I can't bother > but is this new that WP makes the title go away when inserting an image?

If this is new, then I don't understand they still use title form normal text links, because the value there is also minimal... 

2) OK, that is what I told the people over there also (check the link in this post). What do you mean with 'one of the first thing I do'? If you have any tips on how to improve I wil be very happy.

Kind regards,

Willem

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17139 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:14 AM   Best Answer

1. In Wordpress 3.5 the title attribute was removed from images, see here -

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

2. What I was saying is that the Visual editor is the first thing I disable when I install Wordpress on sites I am working on.

So you will need to ask Wordpress support how to add the title attribute back or add the title attribute yourself.

• Willem-Siebe Spoelstra likes this

#5 Willem-Siebe Spoelstra

Willem-Siebe Spoelstra

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • LocationAlmere

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:56 PM

Hi, I think it's a good thing they removed the title attribute. Thanks for the link.

Just wondering when they will remove the title attribute for normal text links, it has no (SEO) benefit at all, the effect it has in different browsers are not the same.

Kind regards,

Willem

#6 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:56 PM

Willem, I wish we knew. But that's a question for the folks at WordPress.

#7 Willem-Siebe Spoelstra

Willem-Siebe Spoelstra

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • LocationAlmere

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:23 AM

Hi Rob, I understand ;-). I was just speaking out my thoughts, not questioning ;-).

#8 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:38 PM

No problem Willem.  I was too.