• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 integritymediacorp

integritymediacorp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:47 PM

The top-menu works great, but when you change the scale of the browser, there is a button when you push on it, opens a menu that is on top of all.

How to edit the menu responsive?

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Thank you!

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:03 PM

Hi,

The menu is responsive, automagically, and doesn't require any special activation.

As I mentioned in another topic, when viewing your site, there's a background image which is being squeezed. Likely it is being applied incorrectly by CSS, rather than using the settings and options available in the Framework. As a result, as it is, the image is trying to fit within a confined space without the ability to behave in a responsive way.

Since that background is not responsive, it is getting 'in the way' of your responsive menu, when the menu button is clicked. It overlays and thus obfuscates some of the text.  Some of those menu colors seem to have been altered, which is causing them to be invisible (transparent) in some instances.

#3 integritymediacorp

integritymediacorp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:09 PM

Hi,

The menu is responsive, automagically, and doesn't require any special activation.

As I mentioned in another topic, when viewing your site, there's a background image which is being squeezed. Likely it is being applied incorrectly by CSS, rather than using the settings and options available in the Framework. As a result, as it is, the image is trying to fit within a confined space without the ability to behave in a responsive way.

Since that background is not responsive, it is getting 'in the way' of your responsive menu, when the menu button is clicked. It overlays and thus obfuscates some of the text.  Some of those menu colors seem to have been altered, which is causing them to be invisible (transparent) in some instances.

so can you suggest me what I need to do?

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:32 PM

Well, I'd recommend removing all wide backgrounds being set by CSS.

I'd recommend using one of our child themes, like iBlogPro5, which is pre-designed to be fully responsive.  You may want to reconsider some of the customizations done so far, since they're not responsive and that seems important to you. 

#5 integritymediacorp

integritymediacorp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:03 PM

But Base Theme is should be responsive too... or not?

#6 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:40 PM

The menu that you're seeing is the mobile menu, that drops all the links down below the nav in a stacked fashion.

To edit this menu you'll need to use the borwser specific plugin and edit the css on the mobile version of the site only using the specified prefixes to the css. Adding .mobile or .iphone etc before the css line.

You'll find the browser specific plugin here -

Instructions on the classes and how to use can be found at -