Photo
- - - - -

IE8 problem

Best Answer Danny , 22 April 2013 - 09:27 AM

We are unable to provide support for user created custom code. I am also unable to test IE8, so I am not able to diagnose your site. However, if your site is not displaying correctly in IE8, then it's most certainly related to your custom CSS.

I recommend you make fine adjustments to your code and keep viewing the changes in IE8, until your site looks as it does in other browsers.

Go to the full post

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 Willem-Siebe Spoelstra

Willem-Siebe Spoelstra

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:46 PM

Hi,

Does anybody know why my website ruzzleonline[dot].nl looks perfect in IE8, and my new website oudisnieuw.net.websrv.makeweb[dot]nl does not?

Kind regards,

Willem

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 19770 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:26 AM

Hi Willem,

You're using custom code, therefore your issue is most likely related to that. 

#3 Willem-Siebe Spoelstra

Willem-Siebe Spoelstra

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:23 AM

Hi Danny,

I use for oudisnieuw.net.websrv.makeweb[dot]nl a child theme, do you mean that with custom code.

Because the only thing I did in the child theme, is making the slider also possible in the header.

With CSS I positioned the logo at left, the slider next to it and the menu under those two. But is this CSS a problem for IE8? 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Kind regards,

Willem

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 19770 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:27 AM   Best Answer

We are unable to provide support for user created custom code. I am also unable to test IE8, so I am not able to diagnose your site. However, if your site is not displaying correctly in IE8, then it's most certainly related to your custom CSS.

I recommend you make fine adjustments to your code and keep viewing the changes in IE8, until your site looks as it does in other browsers.

#5 Willem-Siebe Spoelstra

Willem-Siebe Spoelstra

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:11 AM

Ok, I will search the problem in the CSS. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

One thing I learned is that IE8 requires a !DOCTYPE for the position part.

So I'm going to start with finding out what a doctype it.

Kind regards,

Willem