Posting in the Store forums

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 stormyplanet

stormyplanet

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:25 PM

Wanting to buy something but had questions, so I headed over to the Store forums. I was unable to create a post in that forum.

I understand that you sell support and don't want just anyone getting help. But questions about purchasing? Well, by now I've changed my mind. You just saved me $40 and someone else lost a sale.

#2 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.1.1

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:27 PM

Pre sales questions are handled via livefyre comments on the product pages.

#3 stormyplanet

stormyplanet

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:33 PM

Pre sales questions are handled via livefyre comments on the product pages.

Either way, someone lost a sale for no good reason. Fancy that? Having a sales forum and not allowing people with money to spend, to post sales questions there. That is a first. Lol.

#4 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:36 PM

This is a support forum for people who bought the framework not a sales forum or a pre sales forum. We offer limited free support for people who use the lite version.

#5 stormyplanet

stormyplanet

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:50 PM

This is a support forum for people who bought the framework not a sales forum or a pre sales forum. We offer limited free support for people who use the lite version.

Between you and me, I honestly don't care. It's already been difficult enough to contact anyone, or to get any replies. Sure there's a way. I didn't find it. No one is monitoring Twitter. No one has replied to email. 

I know it's the weekend, but the weekend is what I've got. That's why I turned to the forums.

We were dealing with Pagelines once before. Not for long, and I'd completely forgotten why we stopped. One silly thing after another. People whose interests were not in alignment with ours. A defensive company not comfortable in its own skin. Brick walls at every turn. Friction.

It's all happening again in an almost exact replay.

#6 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:54 PM

Did you ask your question on the product page? Store developers do not work for pagelines. They are under no obligation to read these forums and have no access to the company twitter account or company email but they are subscribed to their product pages.

#7 stormyplanet

stormyplanet

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:09 PM

Did you ask your question on the product page? Store developers do not work for pagelines. They are under no obligation to read these forums and have no access to the company twitter account or company email but they are subscribed to their product pages.

There were several things I wanted, including Pageline's framework, but I also can't even understand the Pagelines pricing. For example, all of this crammed into two price boxes: "Developer / Business / Professional / Personal / With Plus Membership / Framework Only / Subscription / Standard Developer Support / Standard Professional Support" ....and I'm not even sure I got them all. Forgive me, but that's a dog's breakfast.

And 'Framework only' is more expensive than Plus. And does the "Cancel Anytime" refer to the whole framework and the first month, or to the subscription part? So can I buy the cheaper one and just cancel the subscription?

One of them has a membership. As well as a subscription?

And are 'Developer / Business Edition' the same thing? If 'yes', then please just give them one name. If 'no', then it's not clear what the difference is. How about 'Professional / Personal'? This just makes it incomprehensible.

Ughh. It makes my head spin. Honestly, don't worry about it. It doesn't matter and I don't think we can do business with Pagelines.

Edited by stormyplanet, 21 April 2013 - 05:17 PM.

#8 mackenzie

mackenzie

Advocate

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:06 PM

Hi StormyPlanet,

I would be happy to help you. I work in pre-sales and billing and manage the Sales Chat during the week. But to give you an idea on the pricing here is some information:

We offer two license types based on what your needs are: Professional and Developer

Professional license is for individuals creating one to many sites for domains they personally own and operate. Developer license is for individuals creating sites (one to many) for clients or domains they do not personally own. This license also allows for creating your own themes and having your own forum on the site(s).

Next we offer two different options for each license type: Framework only and Framework with Plus membership

Framework is exactly what it is. You receive just the Framework, one year of support through email and the forum and any minor upgrades to the product (2.4, 2.5, 2.6 up to 2.9). The price is a one time fee.

Framework with Plus membership includes continuous support beyond the one year through email, forum and our new Live Chat which is manned 24 hours a day Monday-Friday. You also receive minor and major upgrades on the product. This means not only 2.4, 2.5 up to 2.9 but when versions 3.0 or 4.0 become available you receive these for FREE! You also receive free product extensions in our Store in addition to one new Pagelines product created each month for FREE.

Since you are signing up for Plus membership (which is a monthly subscription) we discount the Framework for you. That is why the price is different.

I would love to talk to you more in Sales Chat (9am - 2pm ET) or through email at hello@pagelines.com when you get a chance or if you have any other questions.

• Jenny likes this