Photo
- - - - -

Possible to Add ScrollSpy Menu Item to External Page?

scrollspy external

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 toddatkins

toddatkins

Advanced Member

• Members

• 73 posts
  • LocationBaton Rouge, LA
  • Framework Version:2.41

Posted 21 April 2013 - 01:49 AM

I like scrollspy, a lot.  One thing I would like to be able to do is have the last item in the bar be one that goes to a different page on the site, rather than on-page below.  Is this possible?

Thanks in advance.

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 21 April 2013 - 01:42 PM

Hi Todd,

I'm not personally familiar with ScrollSpy, so not sure of the details of your question.  Forgive, please, the imposition, but could you explain in further detail, perhaps with screenshots, what you're referring to?

Thanks for your patience and understanding.  I only want to provide a good answer, as I'm sure you will appreciate.

#3 toddatkins

toddatkins

Advanced Member

• Members

• 73 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:22 PM

As I have experienced it, scrollspy is basically a "floating" navbar that self-populates with links it detects within the page it resides on.  It's essentially linking via the old anchors-style (see:  demo.pagelines.me/tools) in the manner of:  demo.pagelines.me/#spyID1 ... #spyID6 for six different on page links.  In the example tool page, the last link on the end is "Goodies".  All I want to do is to add one last box/link next to Goodies that is "Contact" and that links to a different page on my site, not a section on that main page.  Sorry I'm having trouble explaining it.

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:33 PM

Todd,

It's probably not your explanation as much as my old eyes and lack of experience with this particular section.  So, when this menu is created, it is not done in the traditional way, via Dashboard > Appearance > Menus. PageLines is managing the way the menu 'floats' and highlights the current (active) page so I'm unsure how one might add an external link.   Presumably, you can add menu items in the page, which link externally, but I'm unclear how. I'm guessing that adding target="new" doesn't work. Have you tried that?

#5 toddatkins

toddatkins

Advanced Member

• Members

• 73 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:30 PM

Hey Rob thanks for the reply.  I've pretty much figured out that it's not going to happen.  The way it works off of bootstrap and using javascript, I don't think it's possible. 

#6 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:33 PM

I'm sorry about that Todd.  ScrollSpy is one of the very few sections I've not tried or used on my own site.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: scrollspy, external