Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BrandNav - Fix to top, but remainder scrollable

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi Folks

I've been trying to figure out how the Header (and BrandNav) on this site is fixed.

http://www.renderinnovations.com

It is the pagelines theme and the BrandNav that is being used. I've look at the code but for the life of me I cannot see how it is being achieved. 

Any direction or assistance would be really appreciated. 

Thanks in advance

Keith

5 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Figured out how to do some of this: 

#site .section-brandnav .texture {
        max-width: 100%;
	background: #1c0c09;
  	position: fixed;
  	width: 100%;
}

This code sets the header to full width, defines a colour and fixes it to the top of the page. The problem is that the content that should be under the header is shifted upwards, behind the header. I image that this content could be positioned as required with some CSS also.

However I have abandoned this styling element on my site because when fixing the header at the top of the page, the mobile view mode must be deactivated, a sacrifice I was unprepared to accept.

I have provided my part of the solution in case some others may require the functionality in the future. 

Posted · Report post

Thanks for the insight!

Posted · Report post

Hi Keith,

Unfortunately, we cannot provide insight into how a developer has crafted a site.  I'd recommend however, using the contact form for that site and asking them if they can share some information, guidance or even help you develop your goals.  That is a very well made, professional site and such professionals are usually pretty nice about such things.

Posted · Report post

Will probably drop them a line in the next few days. It is a really nice feature to add to a site: locking the header at the top of the page. Have seen it done before somewhere with html.

Posted · Report post

Yes, it is a grand looking site.