Best Answer keithmagvacom , 28 April 2013 - 12:54 PM

Figured out how to do some of this: 

#site .section-brandnav .texture {
        max-width: 100%;
	background: #1c0c09;
  	position: fixed;
  	width: 100%;
}

This code sets the header to full width, defines a colour and fixes it to the top of the page. The problem is that the content that should be under the header is shifted upwards, behind the header. I image that this content could be positioned as required with some CSS also.

However I have abandoned this styling element on my site because when fixing the header at the top of the page, the mobile view mode must be deactivated, a sacrifice I was unprepared to accept.

I have provided my part of the solution in case some others may require the functionality in the future. 

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 keithmagvacom

keithmagvacom

Advocate

• Members

• 414 posts
  • Framework Version:2.4

Posted 20 April 2013 - 09:50 PM

Hi Folks

I've been trying to figure out how the Header (and BrandNav) on this site is fixed.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

It is the pagelines theme and the BrandNav that is being used. I've look at the code but for the life of me I cannot see how it is being achieved. 

Any direction or assistance would be really appreciated. 

Thanks in advance

Keith

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 21 April 2013 - 01:34 PM

Hi Keith,

Unfortunately, we cannot provide insight into how a developer has crafted a site.  I'd recommend however, using the contact form for that site and asking them if they can share some information, guidance or even help you develop your goals.  That is a very well made, professional site and such professionals are usually pretty nice about such things.

#3 keithmagvacom

keithmagvacom

Advocate

• Members

• 414 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 01:46 PM

Will probably drop them a line in the next few days. It is a really nice feature to add to a site: locking the header at the top of the page. Have seen it done before somewhere with html.

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:31 PM

Yes, it is a grand looking site. 

#5 keithmagvacom

keithmagvacom

Advocate

• Members

• 414 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 12:54 PM   Best Answer

Figured out how to do some of this: 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

This code sets the header to full width, defines a colour and fixes it to the top of the page. The problem is that the content that should be under the header is shifted upwards, behind the header. I image that this content could be positioned as required with some CSS also.

However I have abandoned this styling element on my site because when fixing the header at the top of the page, the mobile view mode must be deactivated, a sacrifice I was unprepared to accept.

I have provided my part of the solution in case some others may require the functionality in the future. 

#6 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 01:19 PM

Thanks for the insight!