Photo
WooCommerce for PageLines

Unable to save WooCommerce "Product Archive" settings

woocommerce

Best Answer ellenmva , 05 May 2013 - 01:59 PM

Hi Jason,

I installed everything except for Grid Portfolio (don't have access to it and doubt it has any effect) and everything saves. So, I can't reproduce the error.

I would suggest doing a clean install of WordPress and Pagelines (locally or create a folder under your domain like http://www.jasonmcvay.com/wp). Export your Pagelines Settings (Pagelines --> Dashboard -> Import-Export) and export your WordPress data (under the Tools menu).

In the new install, go and install your plugins. Do this before importing any data. Then import your Pagelines Settings and WordPress data. Now see if you can save Product Archive Settings.

Let me know if you need help.

Ellen

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Jason M

Jason M

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 03:32 PM

Website URL: www.jasonmcvay.com
Framework Version: 2.4.1
WordPress Version: 3.5.1
Plugins in Use: Action Map, Akismet, Breadcrumb NavXT, Constant Contact API,Duplicate Post, Google XML Sitemaps, Grid Shortcodes, Jetpack by Wordpress.com, LazyLoader, PageLines Customize, PageLines Googlefonts, PageLines Sections, Post Types Order, SEO Facebook Comments, Sexy Snips, Simle CSS Lite, TinyMCE Advanced, TinyPass, Widget Logic, WooCommerce, WooCommerce for Pagelines, WP Video Lightbox

Server/Host: GoDaddy
Screenshots:
Details:

I am currently unable to save the "Product Archive" settings for WooCommerce. There is a similar thread here (http://www.pagelines...chive-settings/) where the problem is with Jigoshop instead of WooCommerce.

Jason

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 20 April 2013 - 03:46 PM

Jason,

Since you're using the WooCommerce for PageLines Plugin, I've deferred this topic to that category, as I'm unfamiliar with WooCommerce and don't wish to give you bad advice.  There may be something that the plugin's developer may be able to add to this discussion to help you.

Apologies for any delay. I know Ellen is a very prompt and proficient developer, so I'm confident this won't be in queue long.

#3 Jason M

Jason M

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 04:37 PM

Thanks, Rob, and sorry if I posted this in the wrong area.

#4 ellenmva

ellenmva

Advocate

• Members

• 256 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 06:18 PM

Hi Jason,

Usually the first step is to have you deactivate all plugins but I had this happen to me on a multisite and it wasn't a plugin but something with an active section but it worked when I deactivated my installed Pagelines Sections (except the Woocommerce ones) and then reactivated them one by one. For me it worked after I did that and never was able to duplicate it.

So, let's try deactivating any installed sections (except the Woo ones). You can deactivate them in Pagelines --> Store --> Sections --> Your Added Sections. Now see if you can save options.  If so, reactivated one by one and test each time to see if is any of the sections.  

If not, then move onto your plugins, deactivating all except for Pagelines Sections, WooCommerce and WooCommerce for Pagelines. Now see if it will save.  If it does, reactivate the plugins one by one and test till you find the one causing the problem.

Let me know what happens.

#5 Jason M

Jason M

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 06:20 PM

Thanks for the quick reply.  I'll start deactivating and report back soon.

#6 Jason M

Jason M

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 06:38 PM

Ok, so I've deactivated all of my Pagelines Sections, Pagelines Plugins, and all other plugins, except for the Pagelines Sections plugin, the WooCommerce plugin, the WooCommerce for Pagelines plugin, and all of the WooCommerce sections.  I started with Pagelines Sections, then Pagelines Plugines, and then the remaining plugins.  After each of the three groups of deactivations I went into the "Product Archives" settings and tried to change the settings.  Not once have they saved.

Any more suggestions?

#7 ellenmva

ellenmva

Advocate

• Members

• 256 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 07:21 PM

Try deactivating and deleting the Woocommerce for Pagelines plugin and then install and activate it again. You might also have to go in and reactivate each WooCommerce section under Your Added Sections Tab. 

See if that works.

#8 Jason M

Jason M

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 07:30 PM

That did not help.  I find it interesting that someone is having the same problem with Jigoshop and the topic was never closed.

Btw, I've also uninstalled and reinstalled Pagelines and Wordpress and nothing helps at this point.

#9 ellenmva

ellenmva

Advocate

• Members

• 256 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 07:54 PM

Make sure you have at least 64Mb memory allocated to php.  You can see that easily through WooCommerce --> System Status. You can increase it up to 256Mb (directions here).  

I'm going to check with other Pagelines developers and see if they have encountered this issue or suggestions as to what would cause the options not to save.

#10 Jason M

Jason M

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 08:07 PM

Ok, I upped the memory to 96Mb and it still doesn't allow me to save settings.  Let me know what you find out from other developers.

#11 ellenmva

ellenmva

Advocate

• Members

• 256 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:49 PM

Hi Jason,

What sections do you have installed on the site? One of the developers mentioned this could happen if too many sections active. So, I just want to see what you have installed for sections, see if I can reproduce the problem.

#12 Jason M

Jason M

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:49 AM

Sorry for the delay in responding.  I have deactivated my sections and plugins, so I have nothing active.  Btw, I've had no trouble on another site, so I'm not sure what's going on.  I'm going to reactivate plugins and sections since my site is live.  I can turn them off again if needed, but it didn't change anything.

#13 ellenmva

ellenmva

Advocate

• Members

• 256 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:00 AM

Hi Jason,

Let me know what sections you have installed. I'm going to try and recreate the issue between the plugins you listed above and the sections.  Sorry this is so frustrating, especially on a live site.

Thanks.

Ellen

#14 Jason M

Jason M

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:59 PM

ContenBox, Grid Portfolio, and SoapBoxes are the only active sections.  I also have FitText, NavXT Breadcrumbs, and Simply Custom installed but they are not active.

Btw, I was just trying this on my site.  Everything worked fine for the client's site, so no real hassle.  I would like to figure it out, though, so I can add WooCommerce to my site if needed.

Thanks,

Jason

#15 ellenmva

ellenmva

Advocate

• Members

• 256 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:54 AM

Hi Jason,

Thanks for letting me know that it is working on the client site...they are the most important :) In the next couple of days I will put together a site with all the plugins and sections and see if I can reproduce the error.

Ellen

#16 ellenmva

ellenmva

Advocate

• Members

• 256 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:59 PM   Best Answer

Hi Jason,

I installed everything except for Grid Portfolio (don't have access to it and doubt it has any effect) and everything saves. So, I can't reproduce the error.

I would suggest doing a clean install of WordPress and Pagelines (locally or create a folder under your domain like http://www.jasonmcvay.com/wp). Export your Pagelines Settings (Pagelines --> Dashboard -> Import-Export) and export your WordPress data (under the Tools menu).

In the new install, go and install your plugins. Do this before importing any data. Then import your Pagelines Settings and WordPress data. Now see if you can save Product Archive Settings.

Let me know if you need help.

Ellen

#17 Jenny

Jenny

Owned by PageLines

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2917 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 16 May 2013 - 02:34 PM

Please let us know if you still need assistance, otherwise I will close this topic in 7 days. Thanks!

#18 j0emv

j0emv

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 04:12 AM

Hi, I am also experiencing the same problem. We wanted to display a masthead in the product archive. When we set a title to the masthead in the page options of Product Archive, it doesn't save it and the title we set disappears each time.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: WooCommerce for PageLines, woocommerce