Photo

Changing Old Twitter Header Icon in Station Pro

changing station pro twitter icon

Best Answer churchillstudios , 19 April 2013 - 04:22 AM

Found it: "social_icon_sprite.png" ... used Firefox's inspector to figure this out.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 churchillstudios

churchillstudios

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:21 AM

Hey guys how do I change/replace the twitter icon in Station Pro?

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:26 AM

Hi there, you'll need to edit the header.php to insert new logo, this will be along the same guidelines as the other legacy themes. Please see - http://www.pagelines...social-buttons/ which gives a guide for changing the icons in whitehouse pro, the same procedure can be used for station pro.

#3 churchillstudios

churchillstudios

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:10 AM

Okay I found the file and all I could find relevant to "twitter" was this code:

<?php if(pagelines('twitterlink')):?>
<a target="_blank" href="<?php echo pagelines('twitterlink');?>" class="twitterlink"></a>
<?php endif;?>

... Where would I enter the URL of my custom icon?  OR even easier, where is the image stored?  I could just swap out the image, yes?

#4 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:19 AM

Hi there, sorry was trying to track down a version of station pro to check for you. Yes you could just swap the image over instead of adding a new url. You'd need to make sure the image file was called the same.

Looking in this copy of station pro the file is called ico-twitter.png and it's in the images>icons folder. If you call your new image that and drop it in to that folder using ftp it will overwrite the existing image file.

#5 churchillstudios

churchillstudios

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:58 AM

Okay so this is crazy strange... I replaced the icon in the 'icons' folder, yet the old Twitter icon persists!  Deleted my link info in Station Pro's control panel ... icon disappears.  Added the URL back into the control panel, and the same old icon appears!

So then I emptied the image cache on my browser.  No change... same old Twitter icon!

Tried viewing in other browsers ... and that old Twitter icon is still there.  

Completely deleted the ico-twitter.png from the icons folder and repeated everything above ... and the old icon remains up instead of my new one.

So .. I must assume this image is copied or hosted elsewhere, yes?  Can I change that in the code maybe?

Thanks for the support by the way!  I really appreciate it.

#6 churchillstudios

churchillstudios

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:22 AM   Best Answer

Found it: "social_icon_sprite.png" ... used Firefox's inspector to figure this out.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: changing, station pro, twitter, icon