Photo
Better-Carousel

iBlogPro5 overwrites Better-Carousel

iBlogPro5

Best Answer Tang , 19 April 2013 - 05:51 AM

Since noone here helped me on this, I had to find out on my own - with a little help from my local friends  :P

Problem was created by a jQuery-conflict coming from iBlogPro5 when using the iAccordion-Section!

To be more specific:  jQuery UI 1.8.16 - from iAccordion seems to be causing a conflict with jQuery FlexSlider v2.1 in Better-Carousel.

My solution was: erasing  jQuery UI 1.8.16 in pagelines-iblogpro5 > sections > iaccordion > jquery.ui.accordion.js

And don't touch the parts: jQuery UI Widget 1.8.16 and jQuery UI Accordion 1.8.16 ! They seem to be responsible to have a working accordion widget in the sidebar.

I'm not a pro and I was just playing around with that, but this gave me a working Accordion-Widget + the Better-Carousel working like default and untouched.

Please note: Editing directly in the core will be overwritten with future updates - so whenever you install a iBlogPro5-Update - you might have to redo this work! 

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Tang

Tang

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 51 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt - Germany
  • Framework Version:2.4.4

Posted 18 April 2013 - 01:44 PM

Better-Carousel from Nick Haskins as an alternative responsive carousel section perfectly integrates with the framework. Editing underlying Flexslider2 parameters in the corresponding better-carousel > section.php works perfectly to adjust section behavior.

But when switching to iBlogPro5 things change! At first sight you will see the thumbnails of the better-carousel jump to full 100% size. The width, adjusted in Better-Carousel to 125px is somehow overwritten or not loaded.

Screenshot Framework only:

http://www.screencas...m/t/gddLXB1nxAj

Screenshot with iBlogPro5:

http://www.screencas...m/t/nLcqIpucOJU

Trying to find the reason, please help!

And yes, I did an almost complete customization of better-carousel fitting perfectly into the design of iBlogPro5.

http://www.screencas.../t/UO6RPwwVemui

I also posted the CSS-Customization for this Design at Nick Haskins Forum Section with Paglines:

http://www.pagelines...-for-iblogpro5/

Everything seemed to be perfect simply putting the correct width into Custom CSS (125px). But that was only CSS-cosmetics. Something in the background - coming from iBlogPro5 - changed mor than this. Later I figured out: parts of the Flexslider2.js don't work correctly with iBlogPro5 or may not load at all. Eiting parameters in the corresponding better-carousel > section.php has no more influence on the behavior or appearance (it did with framework only). And yes, I tested without the Custom-CSS of course.

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:51 PM

To troubleshoot your issue, please deactivate ALL active non-PageLines plugins and see if the problem persists. If the problem does not persist, re-activate each plugin one at a time and keep checking your site each time to spot the problem plugin. When you spot it, please leave that plugin deactivated since it was causing the issue in the first place.

#3 Tang

Tang

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:10 AM

All Plugins deactivated … that includes of course the Custom Code Plugin … nothing changed … 

#4 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:29 AM

Admin note : Moved thread into store products forum.

#5 Tang

Tang

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 05:51 AM   Best Answer

Since noone here helped me on this, I had to find out on my own - with a little help from my local friends  :P

Problem was created by a jQuery-conflict coming from iBlogPro5 when using the iAccordion-Section!

To be more specific:  jQuery UI 1.8.16 - from iAccordion seems to be causing a conflict with jQuery FlexSlider v2.1 in Better-Carousel.

My solution was: erasing  jQuery UI 1.8.16 in pagelines-iblogpro5 > sections > iaccordion > jquery.ui.accordion.js

And don't touch the parts: jQuery UI Widget 1.8.16 and jQuery UI Accordion 1.8.16 ! They seem to be responsible to have a working accordion widget in the sidebar.

I'm not a pro and I was just playing around with that, but this gave me a working Accordion-Widget + the Better-Carousel working like default and untouched.

Please note: Editing directly in the core will be overwritten with future updates - so whenever you install a iBlogPro5-Update - you might have to redo this work! 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Better-Carousel, iBlogPro5