Photo

SEO for Parallax themes

Best Answer beardedavenger , 17 April 2013 - 11:16 PM

Hi!

Alright time to sort out some false information there.

"since all the text and scripting are in one file, it slows down the site"

This is really bogus. When any Wordpress site comes together, it is all then one file to the browser. PHP wise, its modular, and comprised of a bunch of different files.

"keyword amount restriction. one page means less keywords and h1 tags...this could be very bad for content promotion"

Google doesn't (and hasn't for long time) used keywords as factor in ranking so we can toss that out the window.

" one indexed page. Another factor that both SEOs and search engines use to assess the site’s authority is the amount of indexed pages."

I'm not sure about that. Spiders like fresh content. If you updated your content regularly you won't have an issue. Besides both of my themes, the posts are still on their own pages. It's basically a superfied home page design using multiple sections.

" one meta title and meta description. Again, you’re limited by this amount because your site does not have multiple pages."

See above.

HOpe this helps.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 tandan

tandan

• Members

• 152 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 17 April 2013 - 01:32 PM

Hi Nick,

Wondering if you can let me know how these sites fare for SEO. I'm excited to use them but I'm concerned about a few issues that have been covered here for parallax style themes in general--not specifically yours: http://www.webdevelo...rolling-vs-seo/

Notably:

● since all the text and scripting are in one file, it slows down the site

● keyword amount restriction. one page means less keywords and h1 tags...this could be very bad for content promotion

● one indexed page. Another factor that both SEOs and search engines use to assess the site’s authority is the amount of indexed pages.

● one meta title and meta description. Again, you’re limited by this amount because your site does not have multiple pages.

They suggest: create a parallax scrolling site in the normal way, but you should load content to different site sections from different HTML files rather than stuff everything into one single file.

Is this how your themes work or no? Just wondering before I buy...Thanks for your input! 

Thanks!

Tan

#2 Jenny

Jenny

Owned by PageLines

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2917 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:46 PM

I am removing the product tag on this as it is unrelated. I am moving this to Nick's forum, however he may ask you to contact him via an alternative method since you have not purchased yet.

#3 tandan

tandan

• Members

• 152 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:05 PM

Thanks, Jenny! Do I have to do anything further or will Nick get in touch? 

#4 beardedavenger

beardedavenger

Unicorn Wrangler

• Members

• 1219 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:16 PM   Best Answer

Hi!

Alright time to sort out some false information there.

"since all the text and scripting are in one file, it slows down the site"

This is really bogus. When any Wordpress site comes together, it is all then one file to the browser. PHP wise, its modular, and comprised of a bunch of different files.

"keyword amount restriction. one page means less keywords and h1 tags...this could be very bad for content promotion"

Google doesn't (and hasn't for long time) used keywords as factor in ranking so we can toss that out the window.

" one indexed page. Another factor that both SEOs and search engines use to assess the site’s authority is the amount of indexed pages."

I'm not sure about that. Spiders like fresh content. If you updated your content regularly you won't have an issue. Besides both of my themes, the posts are still on their own pages. It's basically a superfied home page design using multiple sections.

" one meta title and meta description. Again, you’re limited by this amount because your site does not have multiple pages."

See above.

HOpe this helps.