Photo
- - - - -

Adding border messes up sidebar position

border sidebar positioning

Best Answer greatgreen , 16 April 2013 - 09:41 PM

Know what, I just put the border on the mcolumn-pad and scolumn-pad and that worked out fine-- thanks anyway!

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 greatgreen

greatgreen

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:38 PM

I'm trying to add a border between the left sidebar and the main column and I'm finding it impossible. Here's some details with the problem...

If I add a border on the left sidebar, on it's left or right side, the whole sidebar gets pushed underneath the main column. I'm guessing because it's too wide. Because if I add a margin on the left sidebar I get the same result. Whereas padding works fine-

If I add a border to the left or right of the main column, the left sidebar is pushed down.

The right sidebar seems to stay intact no matter what I do to it. And changing the right sidebar doesn't effect the left sidebar.

Would appreciate any advice, thanks.

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:39 PM

You can reduce the width of the sidebar to accommodate the extra space needed for the border. You’ll need to use Custom CSS (in PageLines > Site Options > Custom Code > Custom CSS/LESS). To find the Custom CSS you need, you'll need to use Firebug (or Chrome Development tools). To learn how to use Firebug for CSS customizations, please review this entire documentation and follow the instructions:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

For help with the width attribute, please see these instructions:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#3 greatgreen

greatgreen

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:41 PM   Best Answer

Know what, I just put the border on the mcolumn-pad and scolumn-pad and that worked out fine-- thanks anyway!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: border, sidebar, positioning