Photo
- - - - -

custom style css

Best Answer Danny , 17 April 2013 - 10:26 AM

This code includes <style> your CSS </code> why is this in your code ? If this is just how you have copied and pasted it, then thats fine, but if that <script> line is present in your code, I recommend removing it right away, as its not needed.

Also, from the looks of it, you have just copied and pasted the code and made your changes, including using the !important declaration.

You're not using any PageLines overrides in your code. Depending on your customisation method you may be required to use them, I recommend you read through our custom CSS documentation which James linked above. As it contains all the information, to correctly apply your custom CSS.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 sersanet

sersanet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:08 PM

I have just completed a new site with Pagelines framework and i really am having a great time using the framework, Great job..

I have several plugins installed including the pagelines customize plugin.

I have placed some changes made to the site in the custom css section,  because when i tried using pagelines customize plugin it made no changes to the site.

I would like to know the reason that no changes would take effect when using the pagelines customise plugin?

Does anyone have any pointers what may cause this?

it says that it is inactive at the top of the page =  / plugins/paglines customise/ style.css (inactive)

Also i would like to know why the Custom CSS places the style into the page source?

my site URL =

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#2 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.1.1

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:30 PM

The plugin is active, the css file is here: 

Here it is in the source of your page, so the plugin is working:

It isnt making any css changes because you have not actually added any css at all into the plugins style.css file.

#3 sersanet

sersanet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:52 PM

Ok, i removed it from the style.css file as it was not making any changes to the site.

i added the css to the custom css instead and it made changes to the site.

if i remove it from the custom css and add it to the style.css, it will not show the changes..

this is my question, why the style.css does not work.

#4 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:21 PM

Hi there,

Depending on how you choose to apply the css, whether the css box, base theme or custimise plugin you might be required to use a Pagelines override. Please see the 'overrides' section here -

for more info.

#5 sersanet

sersanet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:59 AM

Hello guys, thanks for the replies,,

I have added the code to the pagelines customize plugin, and to the child base theme style.css, and neither of them made any change to the site. 

I added the changes through ftp, but it does not make any effect to the page design..

the only time it changes is when i add it to the custom css section in the pagelines site options.

But this leaves the styles in the page source code, which is very untidy.

I am not so sure about the pagelines override, but i will read about it and see if this makes any change..

Many thanks

#6 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16552 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:10 AM

Hi,

Can you add the code you're using to our pastie service please -

However, as James mentioned above, please make sure that your code is using a PageLines Override, information on these override is available on our custom CSS documentation.

#7 sersanet

sersanet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:21 AM

Hello Danny, i have pasted the small bits of CSS to the

#8 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16552 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:26 AM   Best Answer

This code includes <style> your CSS </code> why is this in your code ? If this is just how you have copied and pasted it, then thats fine, but if that <script> line is present in your code, I recommend removing it right away, as its not needed.

Also, from the looks of it, you have just copied and pasted the code and made your changes, including using the !important declaration.

You're not using any PageLines overrides in your code. Depending on your customisation method you may be required to use them, I recommend you read through our custom CSS documentation which James linked above. As it contains all the information, to correctly apply your custom CSS.

#9 sersanet

sersanet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:37 AM

Thanks Very much, i will read through the documentation and see where i have been going wrong..

I did not add the <style> this was just copied quickly from the actual page source.. copied a bit too much i guess.

many thanks

#10 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16552 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:44 AM

No problem!