Photo
- - - - -

Swapped out the quickslider for the features slider...now it looks like my site broke?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 weekendknitter

weekendknitter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Framework Version:2.3.6

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:53 AM

I changed this, about a day ago. I have no idea what went wrong as this was working properly yesterday and this morning.  This evening, after having a look, it appears to be broken. The organization that I'm keeping this site for just discussed switching from the current .org site to this one at tonight's meeting and now it's broken. The last time there was an update to a plugin, I updated the plugin and it was incompatible with the theme and it broke the site.  I had to fix that. This time, all I did was swap out one slider for the other within the same theme.  I did no theme update or anything else. And it's broken again.  

This post contains a screenshot of when it worked:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Now it looks like this:

I have not touched the site since I changed it and made that post to my blog so I can't say what happened.  

I'm using WP 3.5.1.  I was hoping not to have to update to Pagelines 2.4.1 until after the month of May because the organization has a few upcoming important events and I need the site to be accessible until I have time to fix things like this. As it is, our biggest event of the year is coming up and it's broken again for one (minor in my opinion) change. Anyone have any ideas? In layperson's terms. 

Thanks in advance. 

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:32 AM

Hi there,

Trying to view your css file it shows:

Access denied. Your IP address [108.161.190.116] is blacklisted. If you feel this is in error please contact your hosting providers abuse department

Looks like your site might have been reported to your host for spam or been hacked. You'll need to check with them as to why you've been blacklisted.

#3 weekendknitter

weekendknitter

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:37 AM

Could you try that again?  A moment ago, I decided to just update all the plugins which gave me a maintenance page.  Then, I deleted the plugin that broke it the last time (all-in-one event calendar) and I at least got the same screenshot that is all jumbled up again.  Does it still give you that message?  I have already contacted bluehost just in case.  But I wanted to rule out that you tried during the time I had the maintenance screen.  Thanks. 

#4 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:43 AM

Hi there, have just retested but the result is the same. Try deactivating your cache plugin though as that could be masking the changes you just made

#5 weekendknitter

weekendknitter

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:49 AM

I am talking to my hosting provider.  He says the one you have listed there...that's not my ip address and mine isn't blacklisted. He says you are being prevented from seeing mine because the location you are trying to access from has been involved in attacks on WP to their servers.  He said you would need to get rid of malware and then try again before they'd allow you to see my page.  I will try cleaning my cache, however.  

#6 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:16 AM

Hi there, that's not my ip address listed in the error code, is the host able to say if anything was added to the site, any bad scripts etc