Photo
- - - - -

Branding Wrap covering buttons in header

Best Answer Rob , 15 April 2013 - 08:52 PM

Hi,

To make a hook, you'll want two plugins.

First, the Action Map Plugin, which will help you identify which hook to use.  It displays the various places on your site that you may want to adapt. The plugin is free from our Store under Plugins > Top Free.

Next you'll want the Hooker Plugin, also found in Store > Plugins > Top Premium. (It's free for Plus Members). Hooker lets you simply select the hook you found with Action Map, then paste the code you wish to use, and save. It writes the code properly.  Just remember to wrap your code in a unique class.

Unfortunately, the search can't be implemented, as far as I know, via a hook. However, if you have an AdSense account from Google, or can get search code from them, you can implement a Google search in its place. Not as pretty, but effective. Optionally, you can use an alternative font for your menu, making room for the search built into the menu.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dkadvertising

dkadvertising

• Members

• 11 posts
  • Framework Version:2.3

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:28 PM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I have the search field and a Donate button (created by using the Callout section) in the header of my website. I shifted them via CSS to where they are located now. However their functionality is being covered up by the branding wrap.

I can't seem to find a way around it via CSS. Maybe a z-index would do the trick?

If I did not go about adding the search and donate buttons properly, what would be a better section to use?

From a review of the forums, it looks like the Donate button can be placed using a hook? Which I am unfamiliar with doing. If some assistance could be provided?

Would a hook work as well for the search form?

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:34 PM

z-index should do the trick if the branding wrap is overlapping it. Or you can adjust the width of the branding wrap DIV so it's smaller.

The search and donate buttons could be added using hooks with help from this plugin:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#3 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:52 PM   Best Answer

Hi,

To make a hook, you'll want two plugins.

First, the Action Map Plugin, which will help you identify which hook to use.  It displays the various places on your site that you may want to adapt. The plugin is free from our Store under Plugins > Top Free.

Next you'll want the Hooker Plugin, also found in Store > Plugins > Top Premium. (It's free for Plus Members). Hooker lets you simply select the hook you found with Action Map, then paste the code you wish to use, and save. It writes the code properly.  Just remember to wrap your code in a unique class.

Unfortunately, the search can't be implemented, as far as I know, via a hook. However, if you have an AdSense account from Google, or can get search code from them, you can implement a Google search in its place. Not as pretty, but effective. Optionally, you can use an alternative font for your menu, making room for the search built into the menu.

#4 dkadvertising

dkadvertising

• Members

• 11 posts
  • Framework Version:2.3

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:03 PM

Thank you! This worked great.

I used Action Map + Hooker. Made it so easy.