Photo
- - - - -

Showing Authors from Admin Account

Best Answer mackenzie , 15 April 2013 - 04:05 PM

You will need to create a new user profile for each person however you can use a "fake" email account if you wish to not have them have access to your site. Once they are set up as a user profile you can go directly into ALL POSTS (as yourself) and use Quick Edit to change the Author to the correct username from the drop down (see http://screencast.com/t/uYD2S9Kgny)

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mhershberger

mhershberger

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Framework Version:2.4

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:20 PM

Hey-

We're trying to set it up so I can attribute a blog post to a specific author without having to login to that author's account.  I'd like to be able to do it all from the admin page.  Our site is ThinkImmigration.org, but it doesn't have any posts up just yet, it's still being set-up.  We're using the Base Theme 1.0.2.

Matt

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:00 PM

If you are an administrator, I don't think you'd need to log in to that specific author's account to attribute a blog post to that author. Have you tried seeing if this is the case?

#3 mackenzie

mackenzie

Advocate

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:05 PM   Best Answer

You will need to create a new user profile for each person however you can use a "fake" email account if you wish to not have them have access to your site. Once they are set up as a user profile you can go directly into ALL POSTS (as yourself) and use Quick Edit to change the Author to the correct username from the drop down (see

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

)

#4 mhershberger

mhershberger

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Framework Version:2.4

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:02 PM

Quick Edit was the answer!  Thank you!