Photo
- - - - -

Footer Columns Sidebar Customization

footer CSS Footer Columns Sidebar

Best Answer Danny , 15 April 2013 - 06:56 AM

Hi,

If you want to achieve the layout that you have on that concept image, I wouldn't use the Foot Columns section. I would use either the ContentBox or Full Width Sidebar (along with a text widget) and use the PageLines grid to achieve my layout.

http://support.pagel...us/grid-system/

However way you look at it though, it will require considerable custom CSS, for that kind of footer.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 cerchris

cerchris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 58 posts
  • LocationChristchurch, New Zealand
  • Framework Version:2.3

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:59 AM

Hi There

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Please see attached file for a visual of what I am trying to achieve. Wanting to use the "footer Columns Sidebar" section to create a footer that uses 6 columns to show all main page nav links (the nav menu titles are not correct and not matching to the main nav top menu as they have been changed since creating the layout visual, but it gives the idea) with their sub menu items, and a sign up form to the right.

In the widgets section I have used "custom menu widgets" to generate display of all the links in on the site. I then used a "text" widget in the 6th column to get the sign up form in there.

My problem is that I don't seem to be able to customize individual columns with css, they all have a selector class of :

I am wanting to alter the width and padding of each column, especially the sign up form and make sure this sits to the right of the footer. Can I achieve a footer layout shown in the attached image using "footer Columns Sidebar"? Or does this require hooks? Or am i best to find a plugin that could do this for me?

Many thanks

Attached Files

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17945 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:56 AM   Best Answer

Hi,

If you want to achieve the layout that you have on that concept image, I wouldn't use the Foot Columns section. I would use either the ContentBox or Full Width Sidebar (along with a text widget) and use the PageLines grid to achieve my layout.

However way you look at it though, it will require considerable custom CSS, for that kind of footer.

#3 cerchris

cerchris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 58 posts
  • LocationChristchurch, New Zealand
  • Framework Version:2.3

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:09 AM

Thankyou Danny the grid in a contentbox is working nicely :-)

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17945 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 16 April 2013 - 07:14 AM

Cool!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: footer, CSS, Footer Columns Sidebar