Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CPTs (Features/Boxes/etc.) vs. Pagelines Post/Page Meta Settings

4 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Hey Pagelines,

This is just a small idea I'm putting up for some thought. I am developing client sites with Pagelines Framework with the intent that they manage and develop it all themselves. In Pagelines > Site Options > Advanced, you can choose the user role that can access Post/Page Meta Settings and the Custom Post Types (Features, Boxes, etc.). Now, the problem is that my clients (set to "Editor" user role) don't need access to the Post/Page Meta Settings, they only need to access the CPTs. However, I have to grant them access to the Post/Page Meta Settings in order for them to be able to use the CPTs properly (Post/Page Meta Settings disappear for the CPTs if not granted access to the Post/Page Meta Settings). As we know, the CPT functionality is essentially null without the Post/Page Meta Settings.

My suggestion: let the CPT User Role include access to the CPT's Meta Settings as well and leave the Post/Page Meta Settings to decide access to ONLY the Pagelines Settings for Post/Pages.

Cheers,

Dave

Posted · Report post

Dave,

Thank you for that insightful, thoughtful suggestion.  I'll pass it to my management immediately, for consideration by our development team.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

You're most welcome, I love Pagelines and want to help however I can :)