Photo
- - - - -

Pagelines Drag & Drop with Woocommerce 2 - layout problems

Best Answer dharmagate , 14 April 2013 - 03:17 AM

Ellen,

Thanks for the quick reply. The plugin was was activated and I had tried the save site options earlier. I just went through the steps again. First deactivated the plugin, then reactivated it, then saved site-options again. For some reason it worked this time. Thanks for your help.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dharmagate

dharmagate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • Framework Version:2.3.1

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:38 PM

Greetings!

I upgraded to woocommerce 2 and now my pagelines website layout is showing my products in a single column.

I tried to follow the woocommerce instructions for upgrading a 3rd party theme to support woocommerce, but pagelines seems to use a different way of doing things or something.  Not sure, but now i have a broken site.

I also tried to install Ellen's pagelines/woocommerce plugin, but this did not get rid of the imcompatible theme message and worse, did not fix the layout problem.

Wordpress: 3.5.1

Pagelines: 2.4.1

Woocommerce: 2.0.7

Duplicate your theme’s page.php file, and name it woocommerce.php. This file should be found like this: wp-content/themes/YOURTHEME/woocommerce.php.

Edit your page (woocommerce.php)

Open up your newly created woocommerce.php in a text editor (or the editor of your choice).

Replace the loop

Next you need to find the loop (see 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

). The loop usually starts with a:

<?php if ( have_posts() ) :

and usually ends with:

<?php endif; ?>

This varies between themes. Once you have found it, delete it. In its place put:

<?php woocommerce_content(); ?>

This will make it use WooCommerce’s loop instead. Save the file. Your done.

#2 dharmagate

dharmagate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:46 PM

There is also a suggestion about fixing the problem with hooks. But not quite sure how to do that.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#3 ellenmva

ellenmva

Advocate

• Members

• 332 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 12:42 AM

The WooCommerce for Pagelines Plugin won't get rid of the theme compatibility message, you need to manually dismiss it.

There are a couple of things to check to see why the plugin isn't working.  First, check under Plugins and make sure it is active (I know that sounds basic, but sometimes I install a plugin through Pagelines Store and I forget the second step of activating it). If it's active, then I just want to make sure you didn't use any of the code posted under other Pagelines Forum threads about Woocommerce.  The two won't work together so remove the custom code.

Lastly, go to Pagelines --> Site Options and press Save Options.  Do the products still show in a single column?  If so, please post a link to the site so I can take a look and see what is going on.

Ellen

• dharmagate likes this

#4 dharmagate

dharmagate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:17 AM   Best Answer

Ellen,

Thanks for the quick reply. The plugin was was activated and I had tried the save site options earlier. I just went through the steps again. First deactivated the plugin, then reactivated it, then saved site-options again. For some reason it worked this time. Thanks for your help.

• ellenmva likes this