Photo
BigText (Framework)

Big text

big text

Best Answer Jenny , 19 April 2013 - 01:50 PM

(If you are sending login details to Clifford, be sure to do so by PM or email, not here)

Please let us know if you still need assistance with this issue otherwise I will close the topic in 7 days. Thanks!

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Kedark

Kedark

Advanced Member

• Members

• 81 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 10:15 AM

Hi, I have a big problem with the plugin text. I'm using the latest version of WordPress and PageLines framework'a. After installing the plug-in, everything is fine, but when you set and save the plugin settings expand to full screen and nothing you can do about it. The only way is to uninstall the plug-in, the re-activation, for example, until the introduction of the text, setting everything is fine, when you save, again friendly HTTP plug-in panel on the entire width of the page, and it ceases to function.
Please help. Best regards.
Kedark

Example: http://praktykaiwied...6548THD564f.jpg

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 13 April 2013 - 01:14 PM

Hello Kedark,

I apologize, but which plugin are you talking about? Could you provide a link to the plugin's page or website - where you obtained the plugin?

Thanks!

#3 Kedark

Kedark

Advanced Member

• Members

• 81 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 02:22 PM

Hello,

this site section http://www.pagelines...roduct_ref=true

Regards, Kedark

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 13 April 2013 - 02:25 PM

Thank you.  It's one of our premium, third-party sections (not a plugin), so I will forward this to the developer for his reply.

#5 Kedark

Kedark

Advanced Member

• Members

• 81 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 02:29 PM

Sorry.. this section, not plugin.. Thanks for your response..

#6 Jenny

Jenny

Advocate

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2924 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:33 PM

I have alerted the developer of this topic.

#7 MrFent

MrFent

• Members

• 233 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:26 PM

I'm not the developer, but I've seen this issue before. It might not necessarily be related to that particular section, it might be a php issue with your server. Some servers don't like a lot of php code activated at the same time, so when a certain number of sections are activated, things kind of get screwy. It may be able to handle the other sections when they are all activated at once, but if another big section is activated, it's too much. I don't have big text section, do I don't know how big of a section it is. Try disabling the section, see your site return to normal, then start installing and activating several of the free sections that you can find in the pagelines store. I'm not 100% sure, but I'm guessing if you have enough of those smaller ones activated, you'll see the same problem as when you have the big text section activated. This is just a suggestion though :)

p.s. you could also try leaving the big text section activated, and disabling all your other sections to see if the issue goes away as well.

#8 CliffordP

CliffordP

Advocate

• Members

• 440 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:45 PM

Hi Kedark. I'm the BigText developer. Sorry you're having troubles.

MrFent, thanks for providing Kedark with those helpful tips, possibly a fix.

Kedark, have you read MrFent's message and tried deactivating some/all sections other than BigText? (FYI: http://www.pagelines...on-switchboard/ is perfect for bulk activating/deactivating sections)

I've also sent you a private message if you wanted to share your wp-admin login credentials.

#9 Kedark

Kedark

Advanced Member

• Members

• 81 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:08 PM

Thanks so much everyone for the advice ...
I found the cause, it is true this is not a plug, but the section. This error occurs when you activate the two sections of text big and squared. However, squared works fine, but the big text is falling apart. What in this situation? Who should come to ask for a correction?
Yours sincerely, thanks again for your help ...
Kedark

#10 Kedark

Kedark

Advanced Member

• Members

• 81 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:11 PM

It probably was something else .. search still continues ...

#11 Kedark

Kedark

Advanced Member

• Members

• 81 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:28 PM

There is still a big issue between the section and the connector Breadcrumb text NavXT (of course uses PageLines section). More problems unless there is ... Request so (unless the developers) plug big text for improving it (does not work if you have installed Breadcrumb NavXT and / or squarted). However, the plug itself is very promising!
Regards
Kedark

#12 Kedark

Kedark

Advanced Member

• Members

• 81 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:34 PM

After activation plug shorcodes bad ass ... Also there is a problem with the big text, so it's probably another plug on the big text does not work properly! I hope that more will not be like that anymore. Kedark

#13 CliffordP

CliffordP

Advocate

• Members

• 440 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:59 AM

Kedark, I do not personally own the BAShortcodes nor the Squared sections.

What versions of these extensions do you have installed?

BigText Section (mine) should be v1.1.20130401

BAShortcodes Plugin (Nick's) should be v2.0

Squared (Aleksander's) should be v1.2

NavXT Breadcrumbs Section (Jenny's) should be v1.0

Breadcrumbs NavXT Plugin (from http://wordpress.org...eadcrumb-navxt/ ) should be v4.3.0

I have tested the BigText Section with NavXT working without any WP_DEBUG or other errors on my host (WP Engine).

I would suggest deactivating all other plugins and sections and simply testing the 1-to-1 interaction with BigText and any other extensions. If using a child theme, switch to the PageLines (i.e. parent) theme.

If you want any additional support from me, you'll need to provide screenshots or copy/paste error text or provide me an administrator login with FTP/SFTP credentials.

Best to you,

-Clifford

#14 Jenny

Jenny

Advocate

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2924 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:50 PM   Best Answer

(If you are sending login details to Clifford, be sure to do so by PM or email, not here)

Please let us know if you still need assistance with this issue otherwise I will close the topic in 7 days. Thanks!

#15 greenfrog

greenfrog

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 07 August 2013 - 01:01 AM

Hi Clifford

Is Big Text being developed still?

I can't get it to work in DMS - a real shame because I like this section a lot and only purchased it recently

#16 CliffordP

CliffordP

Advocate

• Members

• 440 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:56 PM

@greenfrog, sorry for the delayed reply. Yes, it'll eventually be updated for DMS. Hopefully within the next week or two, but no guarantee. Glad you like it.

• Jenny likes this

#17 CliffordP

CliffordP

Advocate

• Members

• 440 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 29 November 2013 - 06:15 PM

@greenfrog, thanks for your patience. Sorry for the long wait, but the good news is that BigTextDMS is finally released. I waited for the Accordion options, and the review process took a couple weeks due to PageLines staffing changes, but we're all good now. :-)

I hope you like it even more for DMS than you did for v2/Framework!

http://www.pagelines...ons/bigtextdms/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: BigText (Framework), big text