Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Using Hero Title As A Link

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi so I am using the hero title as a text link. The Link works. The font is the way I want. I used css to set the color to white. But for some reason I cant figure out how to customize it so when I go over the link it turns black. This is the code I am putting but its not coming out right

#hero.copy div.copy-pad div.pl-hero-wrap div.pl-hero h1.m-bottom a {
  hover:black;
color:white;
}

Color white for the white font which works perfectly but the hover isnt giving me any result.

Thank You for your help

Seena Khoee

8 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Which page is the hero unit on? I can't find it on the site..

Posted · Report post

oh my bad james.... I chaneged of the shape of the hero BIG TIME! my titles... on my front my page.. HIGHLIGHT , PLAYER MIX , ENTERTAINMENT , and INTERVIEWS those 4 titles are in a HERO.... I like the hero design thats why i put it that way. makes it easy for me to work with. But yeah. I cant get access to the hover in css which is what im trying to do

Posted · Report post

When you add a hover element to the css it goes in with the selector before the brackets, like

div.pl-hero h1.m-bottom a:hover {
    color: #E3DADA !important;}

Posted · Report post

preciate it James. I decided to go with

text-decoration:underline; !important;
}

instead. But I noticed the underline is pretty thin. I tried putting in font-weight with it but i didn't see a change...
i tried 

text-decoration:underline; !important;
    font-weight: bold;
}

Posted · Report post

Not sure why you're using the Hero section for adding titles, it really wasn't designed to do this ?

Instead, why not replace them with the Highlight section or ContentBox section, which were design to do this kind of job. 

Posted · Report post

i see...... dayum.... but danny just curious tho, is there any way i can make that underling bold or thicker?

Posted · Report post

The underline command in the css seems to take the same styling as the font, so using the font-weight command is the best way to do it but it will affect both. http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_text.asp

You could use border-bottom instead on the element and then you'll be able to choose the thickness of the line in the css.

Posted · Report post

You cant change the depth of underline. However, you could remove it and replace it with border-bottom.

For example, remove the code you have at the moment effecting the hover and replace it with this:

#site .section-hero h1 a:hover {
border-bottom: 5px solid #F00;
text-decoration: none !important;
}