• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 balfred1345

balfred1345

Advanced Member

• Members

• 95 posts
  • LocationFlyover Country, USA
  • Framework Version:Some sites Pagelines Framework (latest version), some sites DMS latest version

Posted 12 April 2013 - 05:02 PM

Hi,

If a user on IE8 (and IE9 and IE10, actually) tries to click the title in a Grid Portfolio box, it does not act as a link. The box itself still works as the link. If the user hovers over an area of the box where there is no title, and then moves back to the title, it will work as a link. 

Can you please tell me if there is a way to make the title act as a link upon load in IE8?

Here's the URL: http://whub34.webhos...ips/video-tips/

Thanks,

Bruce

#2 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:24 PM

I just pushed an update that changes some z-index..let me know if that fixes it for you.

#3 balfred1345

balfred1345

Advanced Member

• Members

• 95 posts
  • Framework Version:Some sites Pagelines Framework (latest version), some sites DMS latest version

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:41 PM

Thanks for working on this! I went to the PL store, but Grid Portfolio is not showing up as needing an upgrade. Is there another way to grab your update?

#4 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:06 PM

Did you try the blue "refresh store" button on the bottom right of the store screen.

#5 balfred1345

balfred1345

Advanced Member

• Members

• 95 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:49 PM

Got it with the "refresh store". Unfortunately, this update did not fix the problem. I tested in Windows 7, IE 8, 9, 10. If the cursor hovers over the title text, can't access link. If the cursor hovers over the image first, the link is available. While it seems like a small thing, the client very much wants this fixed, so if there is anything you can do to make the link active upon hover over text, I'd greatly appreciate it. Here's the URL, in case you want to take a look:  http://whub34.webhos...ips/video-tips/

Thanks,

Bruce

#6 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:56 PM

Okay I pushed another update that reorganizes some html. It should fix the issue by giving each element the correct context.

#7 balfred1345

balfred1345

Advanced Member

• Members

• 95 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 02:24 PM

Thanks for the new update. Unfortunately, I've been unable to get it.

I've refreshed the store, logged in/out of WP, waited a day or so, and the update has not yet shown up. Can you please let me know how to get the update.

Thanks,

Bruce

#8 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:59 PM

Hmmm maybe I forgot to deploy it :? Try again now, if you still can't then I'll ask about deployment issues.

#9 balfred1345

balfred1345

Advanced Member

• Members

• 95 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:19 PM

Hi,

I couldn't get it the update in Chrome, but it did show the update in Firefox, so I was able to get it. Weird.

Unfortunately, the same usability issue is there. If the user hovers over the title text that pops up without first hovering over the image, then the title text is not clickable in IE. 

Here's the link: http://whub34.webhos...ips/video-tips/

Anything you think you can do to solve this in IE?

Thanks,

Bruce

#10 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:25 PM

Have I said how much I hate IE ? I will continue to look into it.

#11 balfred1345

balfred1345

Advanced Member

• Members

• 95 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:32 PM

Thanks so much for keeping on this. I'm with you on hating IE. Big time. At least my clients have stopped insisting on compatibility back to IE 7.  

#12 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:24 PM

I've done everything I can think of and somehow it seems impossible to fix this annoying bug. I've moved the elements to be in the same DOM structure and positioned the link element not only on the farthest position in the DOM for inheritance, but also explicitly set z-index in the css. I think perhaps you might have to use the default Boxes section here and just use them without text or titles.

I'm really sorry, but I don't know how to solve this.

#13 balfred1345

balfred1345

Advanced Member

• Members

• 95 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:59 PM

Thanks for trying to get it working.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Grid Portfolio, Internet Explorer 8