#1 linkfr

linkfr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:56 PM

Hi there!

I'm using wp minify plugin to make my platform theme blogs load faster.

Plugin works great, but logo, boxes and slides images (slides shortcode is in universal sidebar section) are not showing.

Wp minify allows to exclude css and js files, so i've been able to exclude style.css and the theme shows now properly.

But how can i avoid media library images to be minified? Or what should i do so that they are visible? I guess i should find exclude files looking like box-04.js?

But i can't find them in blogsdir nor in platform folder.

#2 linkfr

linkfr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:25 PM

Hi there!

I'm using wp minify plugin to make my platform theme blogs load faster.

Plugin works great, but images to be shown through brand, boxes, universal sidebar and call out sections are all not being shown properly --unless i disable minification of all js files through plugin's options.

Instead of disabling all js files minification, i would of course like to disable it only in js files which shouldnt be minified in order for images displayed through the above mentioned sections to show properly.

What files should i minify or what should i do to achieve this?

So far i tried minifying all js files in platform theme folder, one by one, but images are still invisible.

#3 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:12 PM

Minify should only affect the css, it should remove or hide any images. It could be the plugin is conflicting with another plugin or the framework. If there's a js error with one of the other plugins then you'll need to find an alternative plugin.

#4 linkfr

linkfr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 01:46 PM

I'm afraid the plugin does deal with js files. They say: "Once enabled, this plugin will combine and compress JS and CSS files to improve page load time". And there are some tick boxes in the settings part so admin can choose what files to minify or not: only js, only css, only some js, only some css and so on.

It makes a mess with the visual part, but it really improves my loading times, so i would really like to keep it because it is possible to order it what files not to touch.

Theme was being broken: I included style.css as a file not to minify and blog is fast and theme shows properly.

Social media tabs in sidebar were being broken: I included a superfish.js so that is not minified and now they show properly.

The problem is i haven't been able to find the files not to be minified so that wp minify doesn't affect the brand logo and the slides in universal sidebar.

This is my question: which files should i include so logo and universal sidebar are not minified?

#5 mackenzie

mackenzie

Advocate

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:13 PM

Do you have FireBug installed on FireFox or another debugging/developer tool on another browser? This will help you locate the element and what it is pulling for the universal sidebar. The logo I am assuming is the banner? That should be within your Media files but please correct me if I am wrong.

#6 linkfr

linkfr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:16 PM

Hi Mackenzie, thanks for your help.  Indeed i do have firebug but have no big idea of what i'm supposed to do with all the things it shows (i guess i'll have to get started to learn about it). I would have tried excluding the png files (logo and slides) but plugin asks for either js or css files or urls.

For logo i mean the image i upload through platform settings and showing within Site Branding in Template Setup.

#7 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:40 PM

Hi,

I noted that you're using Platform and WP-Minify.  I'm not sure that's going to work very well, ultimately, to achieve serious speed improvements.  Rather, I'd recommend upgrading to PageLines Framework, then using MaxCDN (www.maxcdn.com) to help improve performance.  I don't think there's any way to exclude specific images or elements that are normally included in either MaxCDN or WP-Minify. 

You might want to write to the developer of Minify to ask them if they know of a way to accomplish this.

PageLines Framework compiles CSS, to help improve speed, as an internal process.